Casino HEX is the unique project created by British for British and committed to helping players find the best online casinos in the UK. We compare and review sites with the best games, bonuses and features to help you save time and money when choosing where to play.
Users are not charged by CasinoHEX. Commissions that we receive for marketing brands do not affect the gaming experience of a User.
||100% Up to £50 + 50 Spins on Starburst||Visit Casino Read Review||Luckland||450+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £20. 100% up to £50 + 50 Spins on Starburst. 40x wagering requirements for the bonus and the spins. Offer valid for 1 week. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||23 FS + 100% up to £111 +77 ES||Visit Casino Read Review||Yeti Casino||800+||
#AD 18+. New players only. Min dep: £10. Wagering 60x for refund bonus. Max bet £5 with bonus funds. Free Spins bonus has x40 wagering. 23 free spins on registration (max withdrawal is £100). 100% refund bonus up to £111 + 77 spins on 1st deposit. No max cash out on deposit offers. Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse. Ecopayz, Skrill and Neteller deposits excluded. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% Up to £100 + 100 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Winomania||620+||
||100% up to £25 + 25 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||HeySpin||1672+||
18+. New players only. Min deposit: £10. 100 spins require 3 deposits: min second and third deposit £20. Spins and bonus wagering requirement: 35x, spins expire after 24 hours. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% up to £200 + 100 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Mr Play||385+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £10. Welcome package split over 3 deposits. 100 spins splits to 20 spins a day for 5 days. Spins credited in specific games.35x bonus wagering requirements. 50x spins wagering requirements. Spins valid 24 hours. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||200% Up to 100 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Electric Spins||500+||
18+. New players only. Min dep: £10. Promo code: SPINIT. Any Games Bonus winnings, if applicable, must be wagered 60x before withdrawal. Any Free Spins winnings, if applicable, will be credited as bonus funds and capped at £5.00. FS are valid for 7 days and any winnings must be wagered 40x before withdrawal. Games Bonus win cap: £100 + original bonus amount. Wagering contribution varies by game. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% up to £100 + 50 BS||Visit Casino Read Review||PlayFrank||1203+||
18+. New players only. Min dep: £20. The first Welcome Bonus is a 100% Bonus up to £100 and 50 Bonus Spins. Wagering requirements: 35x times (deposit amount + bonus). The Bonus Spins are valid for 24 hours with 40x wagering. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
How to Choose a Casino That’s Safe and Fun to Play
Choosing a casino isn’t as simple as picking the first one you come across – on the contrary, most often than not, selecting the right one is a complex process. Luckily, our team of experts has already identified several criteria to keep in mind to make sure you’ve selected the best casinos before signing up and making a deposit.
In a nutshell, here are the steps you need to follow to choose a safe and entertaining online casino:
The best online casinos in the UK offer players a safe gambling environment, high standards and certified games. Always look for operators with a UK Gambling Commission license in good standing, positive reviews in player communities and reputation on the market.
Other aspects that further prove a casino has your best interests in mind are their safety protocols, data confidentiality agreements and encryptions (firewalls, SSL certificates etc.). Lastly, look for independently tested games by authorities such as GLI or eCOGRA – these certifications prove the games have been verified to offer random outcomes and aren’t fixed or rigged in any way.
The best online casinos in the UK offer players multiple deposit and withdrawal options, from debit cards (VISA, Mastercard) to e-wallets (Skrill, Neteller, PayPal), pre-paid methods (paysafecard), mobile pay (Boku, Siru, Apple Pay) or even cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin). Ideally, your casino should accept deposits and withdrawals in your native currency, British pound, and have competitive fees or no fees at all for these operations.
The more choices there are offered on the platform, the more freedom and flexibility the player gets. Don’t forget to also check for advantageous minimum and maximum deposit limits that fit your budget and goals.
The games hosted on the platform can make or break an online casino, wouldn’t you say so? After all, it’s the main attraction, the reason why you sign up in the first place. That is why, you should aim to find a games offer that is generous both in terms of titles offered, as well as diversity.
The best UK casinos host thousands of casino games – online slots, live dealer games (poker, blackjack, roulette), video poker, dice, scratch-cards, lottery or virtual sports. Not only that, but they offer many exciting promotional tools such as drops&wins, daily jackpots or instant win.
One way to determine an online casino’s legitimacy is the professionalism and friendliness of the customer service department. Your interaction with it will determine if you’re likely to stick around as a regular customer.
Reputable sites will have a responsive customer support team ready and willing to answer your questions on various topics, from registration to deposits. Ideally, support should be available 24/7 and through multiple channels: live chat, telephone and email. There are ways to test responsiveness even if you’re not a member yet, for example by sending a message to the live chat operator detailing a fictional problem.
How We Rate Online Casinos in the UK
Before adding them to our website, each online casino goes through a rigorous screening and evaluation process. We choose high quality, trustworthy operators that we’d love to try as players and believe will offer the best experience for our readers as well. Here is what we look at when making our assessments:
#1 Licensing and Safety Certifications
The most important test online casinos have to pass is the security one. We only select operators licensed by prestigious authorities such as UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), Malta Gambling Authority (MGA), Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, Alderney Gambling Control Commission or Curaçao eGaming Commission. On top of making sure operators accept UK gamblers, we also look for safe and fair games certifications by eCOGRA or GLI on their platforms. This gives players peace of mind that the games employ RNG technology and the odds can’t be tempered with by any third parties.
#2 Software Developers
The best online casinos in the UK offer games from reliable developers and studios, known for their premium visuals and team dedication to players. Well-established providers include the likes of Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Play’N GO, Yggdrasil and Pragmatic Play, among others. These developers have a global reach, are certified by independent labs and also offer exciting in-game features such as promotional tools, drops&wins, jackpots, Megaways, Cluster Pays engines etc.
#3 Mobile & Demo Play
We live in the age of speed and adaptability and the best online casinos not only foresee these technological changes but also keep up with them. That is why it’s equally important for a reputable online casino to offer a robust mobile platform or mobile gambling app for Android/iOS that enables its users to play their favourite online slots from anywhere.
Moreover, all of their titles, from slots to video poker or blackjack should be available in demo play as well to attract a higher number of possible clients to their platform and allow them to try the offer risk-free.
#4 High Payout Percentages
The RTP or Return-To-Player score is important not just for assessing the payout potential of an individual game, but also for determining the casino’s overall profitability. Most established casinos have RTP scores of 95% and above – for example, Netbet, an international operator also present on the UK market reported a payout rate of 96.78% in 2020 across their entire offer. That means, for every £100 invested by a player, they got at least £96 back in the form of a win. Not too bad, right? This is the kind of percentage we strive to find in all our recommended casinos.
#5 Bonuses & Promotions
Other aspects that boost a casino’s profitability score are their bonuses and promotions, the presence of jackpot slots, exclusive prize pools, tournaments and competitions, as well as VIP perks or loyalty prizes. All of the above offer further excitement, entertainment and win potential for players during a game session. Moreover, they keep customers engaged, loyal and more likely to stay active on the platform over the long haul.
We also carefully look into the terms & conditions attached to each promotion to make sure they are fair, transparent, reasonable and attainable for both beginners and high rollers.
How We Write Independent Online Casino Reviews
|Number of Casinos||200+|
|Casino Types||New, Mobile, Live Dealer|
|Gambling Games||Slots, Roulette, Blackjack|
|Payment Methods||PayPal, Phone Bill, Paysafe|
|Software Providers||Microgaming, Netent, Playtech|
|Gambling Licenses||UKGC, MGA, Gibraltar, Alderney|
At CasinoHex we have a rich selection of online casinos to choose from. We have both brand new and popular online casinos, which enables our readers to find whatever they prefer. However, we are very careful about the brands we list here, and we stick only to the best UK casino online sites. So, here’s more info on our review process and the iGaming destinations featured at CasinoHex.
- Checking an online casino due to the criteria we’ve talked about in the first section. In the first section of this article, we talked about all the crucial criteria most secure online casino sites must meet. Well, with that in mind, we always make sure to check all the things mentioned in the list before we add new names here. Therefore, we really do boast with the ultimate selection of brand new and popular online casinos for UK players. Any iGaming site here meets high operating standards, holds reputable licenses and works with leading software providers. This guarantees our readers unforgettable casino action in a safe and fair playing environment.
- Scanning millions of pages to grab reviews about online casino website from all the Web. There is a huge difference between the best UK casinos and other iGaming options. Hundreds of games, generous bonus offers, and support around the clock are what makes leading UK online casino sites to stand out. However, other important signs are the casino’s reputation and, especially, consumer reviews. To save you lots of time and effort, we have scanned millions of pages to find reviews about gambling sites. By doing this, not only we have our own experience with a certain brand, but also the experience of other players too. Therefore, we can easily confirm our findings regarding a casino operator, regardless whether they were positive or negative. Consequently, all the brands listed at CasinoHex are 100% trustworthy and reliable!
- Signing Up there, playing, test depositing and withdrawal. As we have already mentioned, we have a thorough process of reviewing that includes both investigating and actual playing. It really doesn’t matter whether a top Internet casino has a great reputation if the overall gaming experience there is unimpressive. Hence, we want to make sure that the gaming at casino online is smooth and that everything works as it should. More precisely, we always sign up with the operator we’re reviewing as well as make deposits and request withdrawals. Without an exception, we make sure to try several games and check out the software. Sometimes, we even contact the support team to see how they’ll respond. After all, it’s not easy to find the best of the best!
- Start writing a review. Finally, after all the previous steps are completed, we prepare our honest online casinos reviews. As we said, we stick to the online top casinos only and try to stay as realistic as possible when sharing our findings. Each casino review at CasinoHex covers the main sections such as games, bonuses and mobile readiness. Additionally, we always make sure to cover the FAQs regarding the issues that players find the most interesting about any iGaming brand. At the end of the process, we present our readers with an informative and unbiased review of a gambling destination. Once again, we’d like to highlight that we personally test and research everything found in our online casino reviews.
Casino Licensing in UK
To operate legally in Great Britain, casinos must be licensed by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC). The UKGC was established with the Gambling Act 2005 with the aim of making gambling safe and fair. The commission’s aim is to prevent criminal activity (namely money laundering) and to protect vulnerable children and adults from the potential risks of gambling.
If an online casino is licensed by the UKGC, this is a good indication that the operator is legitimate and that the site is not a scam.
UKGC approved casinos have strict standards when it comes to data protection, which means that your personal data is secure. Casino operators must also be able to competently protect against cyber attacks that put players at risk. The UKGC also ensures that casinos offer a fair gaming experience. In other words, players have a realistic chance of winning.
Operators that cannot meet UKGC’s requirements will not be approved for a gambling license.
Local UK Payments
When playing at a real money casino, it’s important to make sure the operator allows you to use your preferred method for deposits and withdrawals.
The most popular online gambling payment methods include:
- Bank Wire: Minimum deposit requirements may be higher, and deposits/withdrawals take longer to clear (2-12 business days).
- e-Wallets, like PayPal or Skrill: Minimum deposits are typically low and usually instant. Withdrawals may take 24-48 hours to go through.
- PaySafeCard: A prepaid card that can be used for deposits only.
- Cryptocurrency: Some casinos accept cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, for deposits and withdrawals.
Note: From 14 April 2020 gamblers in the UK are banned from using credit cards for casino deposits and withdrawals.
Other than that, UK consumers have access to several trusted local payment options. Find the best ones below.
Best Bonuses for British Players in November, 2023
For many players, bonuses are one of the biggest deciding factors when choosing where to gamble. These offers give you an advantage when you first start playing, but some are better than others. At Casino HEX, we look at several factors when choosing the best bonuses each month, including:
- Lowest Wagering: Low wagering requirements mean that you can withdraw your bonuses and deposits more quickly.
- Max Money: The greater the cash bonus, the more free money you have to play with.
- Clear T&Cs: We believe that casino bonuses should have clear terms and conditions, so you know exactly what you’re getting and how to use your bonuses.
- Max Spins: Bonuses have limits, and max spins explain how many spins you can make within a bonus’ terms.
Most casinos have wagering requirements, which dictate how many times you must play your bonus money before you can withdraw money.
We are constantly working on our list of online casino bonuses so that you can get the most profit of your gaming process. Among the most popular offers you will meet:
No Deposit Bonus
This is definitely the most profitable offer as it is given without any special depositing requirements. After creating the account, you will be given a small bonus (usually about £10) to spend on the real money games. There are not too many promotions with no deposit bonus UK on the list now but we are working to expand it as soon as possible.
|#||Casino||Bonus Type||Bonus Info||Visit Casino|
|1||Casino Welcome Bonus LVbet|
18+. New players only. Min dep £10. Max bet £5. Max bonus £20. 40x wagering requirements. Max win cap: £500. Requires first deposit to be made via 200% Welcome Bonus tab. Bonus valid 15 days. Certain payment methods excluded. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||No Deposit Casino Bonus Monster Casino||£5||Visit Casino|
18+. New players only. Verification needed for UK players. No deposit, Max bonus £5. Valid on: Shamrock N Roll, Mayan Marvels and Candy Swap. Wagering x100, Max winnings capped at £20. Full T&C's apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
To attract new customers, operators are awarding special bonuses in exchange for the first deposit. Usually, it amounts to 100% of your deposit but the most generous sign up bonus casino can be increased it up to 300%.
|#||Casino||Bonus Type||Bonus Info||Visit Casino|
||Casino Welcome Bonus Playzee||100% / £300||Visit Casino|
18+. Valid for 15 days after 1st deposit. Min dep: £20. Max bet: £5. 35x wagering. Winnings from spins capped at £50. First 100 Zee spins: 10/day. Spins valid 24 hours. Bonus funds valid 30 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
When the new games by top providers are added to the game list, an average brand usually holds special promotions with free spins no deposit UK given to the clients to play the new releases. Free spins can also be a part of the welcome bonus.
|#||Casino||Bonus Type||Bonus Info||Visit Casino|
||Casino Welcome Bonus PlayOJO||50 FS||Visit Casino|
18+. New players only. Min deposit is £10. 50 Free Spins on Book of Dead. Spin Value: £0.10. This offer is only available for specific players that have been selected by PlayOJO. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||Casino Welcome Bonus Amazon Slots||500 FS||Visit Casino|
18+. New players only. Min deposit £10. £8 max win per 10 spins. Max bonus equal to lifetime deposits (up to£250). 65x wagering requirements. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org
|3||Casino Welcome Bonus bgo|
18+. New players only. UK only. Min dep: £10. Up to 500 Free Spins from Mega Wheel. 24-hour expiry. Max bet £2.50, max spins win £8 per 10 spins. Max bonus win £150, selected games & 65x wagering on winnings. No Neteller/Skrill. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
Whether you’re able to play thousands of games or not greatly depends on the software developers that support your country. For example, real money slots powered by companies that aren’t licensed by the UKGC are off-limits to UK consumers. The good news here, however, is that most reputable and popular providers do hold the UK iGaming licence.
- Netent is a Scandinavian game developer that rocked the global iGaming market with its impressive games. Players at any Netent casino gain access to a plethora of top-class products and some of the industry’s best slots. Besides for its amazing and innovative games, Netent is also popular for the generous free spin bonuses it grants to users.
- Play’N Go
- Fully independent ever since 2004, Play’N Go has established itself as a fan-favourite game supplier on the market. Widely recognised for its cutting-edge product and beautiful slots, this company is a true gift to Brits. Play n Go casinos meet strict operating standards and have a rich game offer alongside high payout rates.
- Microgaming has a lot to be proud of. First, many industry experts consider this company to be the best one. Second, this provider supposedly established the first-ever iGaming website. Finally, Microgaming stands behind the most popular games on the market. So, it makes perfect sense that hundreds of UK players regularly check our Microgaming casino list.
At the end of the day, nothing really matters if a website has a bad game selection. Luckily for British players, the leading operators on the UK market don’t have that issue. Quite on the contrary, players from the Kingdom can enjoy various types of games. All of these picks boast top-notch graphics, creative features, and massive prizes.
Today, there are more than 200 companies that create games for operators. They have different amounts and quality but all of them have online slots in their portfolios. Cause these companies compete for the gamblers’ attention they try to provide more and more games and earn money.
Considering the fan base for online roulette UK is ever-growing, it comes as no surprise that this pick comes in many variations. Brits can find all kinds of standard and unusual roulette games at the best iGaming brands. Some options not to miss include French Roulette, European Roulette, and American Roulette. Auto Roulette and Mini Roulette are worth mentioning too.
With a good blackjack playing strategy, anyone can scoop juicy prizes on this table game. In result, UK players always look for new and exciting online blackjack at lobby. Thus, operators and software providers never fail to provide them with fresh releases. So far, it seems that Classic Blackjack, Vegas Strip Blackjack, and Multi-Hand Blackjack get the most attention.
Simple and sweet, online scratch cards are just like the shooting galleries at theme parks. The fun doesn’t last for too long, but the adrenaline levels get high. More importantly, scratch cards offered to UK consumers come with impressive prizes for the luckiest players. Some picks to try are Beer Fest, Lucky Numbers, and Blackjack Scratch.
Now, when you have all the necessary information, there is nothing holding you from playing the best gambling games in UK. Take your time, look around all our pages and choose the slot or the other game you would love to play. Try it for free or make your bet in the best British operator with just a few clicks. Good luck!
Online Gambling FAQ
What is gambling?
- Gambling is when you make a bet using something of value on the hopes that you will gain something in return based on the outcome of a game. When playing in a casino, you’re betting money in hopes of winning money.
When was gambling legalised in the UK?
- The Gambling Act 2005 helped legalise gambling in the United Kingdom. Gambling had been, before this regulation, widely enjoyed for centuries, especially horse racing.
What does RTP mean in gambling?
- Return-to-player, or RTP, is the odds of winning a game.
What is the gambling age?
- Gambling in casinos requires a minimum age of 18 in the United Kingdom.
How to sign up to a casino?
- Signing up to a casino is easy. Choose a site that’s well recommended (you can find several on Casino HEX) and: Fill in basic forms with details about yourself –> Enter your address –> Prove your identity –> Choose your username.
How to get help with problem gambling?
- At Casino HEX, we recommend seeking help through the National Gambling Helpline (0808 8020 133) or by using NHS resources.
How to self-exclude from all gambling sites?
- Self-excluding from gambling sites requires you to go to www.gamstop.co.uk. You can register on the site and exclude yourself from gambling at all licensed companies in Great Britain for a specified period of time.