Looking for a Bitcoin casino in the UK? Crypto casinos are still relatively new – and rare – but they’re out there. Finding a legitimate and reputable casino that accepts Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies can be a challenge, but we’re here to help. We’ll tell you what to look for, how to use Bitcoin at a casino, and the pros and cons of gambling with crypto.
Best Bitcoin Casinos 2023
Users are not charged by CasinoHEX. Commissions that we receive for marketing brands do not affect the gaming experience of a User.
||Up to £100 + 150 Extra Spins||Visit Casino Read Review||Playluck||896+||
||100% Up to £50 + 50 Spins on Starburst||Visit Casino Read Review||Luckland||450+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £20. 100% up to £50 + 50 Spins on Starburst. 40x wagering requirements for the bonus and the spins. Offer valid for 1 week. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% up to 25 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Queen Vegas||2000+||
18+. New players only. Max bet is 10% (min £0.10) of the mega spin winnings amount or £5 (lowest amount applies). First deposit only. game: Spina Colada. Spin value: £1. Max mega spins: 25. For every £1 deposited you will get 1 mega spin as a reward. 60x wagering requirements. Mega spin winnings amount (only slots count) within 30 days. Spins must be used and/or bonus must be claimed before using deposited funds. First deposit/welcome bonus can only be claimed once every 72 hours across all casinos. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100 FS & 200%||Visit Casino Read Review||Amber Spins||500+||
First-time depositors only (18+ country restrictions apply). Min deposit: £10. Max offer: £20 Games Bonus & 100 Free Spins (on a game of our choice). Promo code: SPIN100. Any Games Bonus winnings, if applicable, must be wagered 60x before withdrawal. Any Free Spins winnings, if applicable, will be credited as bonus funds and capped at £10. FS are valid for 7 days and any winnings must be wagered 40x before withdrawal. Games Bonus win cap: £100 + original bonus amount. Wagering contribution varies by game. We reserve the right to deny bonuses based on abusive bonus activity across sites operated by the Company. Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time (UK only). Valid until 31.12.2022. General withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply. Valid until further notice. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% up to £50 + 50 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Casushi||300+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £20. Max bet £5. 100% bonus on first deposit up to £50 & 50 bonus Spins (30 spins on day 1, 10 on day 2, 10 on day 3) for Rich Wilde and Book of Dead slot only. 40x wagering requirements. Bonus valid 30 days. Bonus spins valid 2 day. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% Up to £100 + 100 BS||Visit Casino Read Review||SKOL||4140+||
18+. New Players only. Min dep: £10. Max bonus bet £5. This offer gives you a 100% match bonus up to £100 and 100 bonus spins. Bonus spins are valid on Starburst only. Bonus spins to be credited at a rate of 20 bonus spins per day over five days, triggered on your first deposit. Bonus spins winnings credited in the form of bonus funds and capped at £50. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days and bonus spins within 10 days. 35x wagering applies to the bonus funds. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||£10 + 5 Free Bingo Tickets + 20 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Hunky Bingo||304+||
18+. New players only. Min dep. £10. Max offer: £10 Bingo Bonus, 5 Free Bingo Tickets (on Big Bang) & 20 Free Spins (on a game of our choice). Promo Code: HUNKY. Bingo Tickets and Free Spins valid for 7 days. Bingo Bonus & Bingo Ticket winnings come with 4x wagering. Free Spins winnings credited as bonus funds with 40x wagering and capped at £2.00. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org
||300% Up to £60||Visit Casino Read Review||BingoCams||540+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £10. Max bonus £60. Max deposit £20. Bingo bonus will be used when cash balance is £0. 1 x wagering req to withdraw. Expiry 42 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|9||Read Review||Mansion Casino||275+||
18+. New players only. Min dep: £20. Max. bonus: £200. 40x wagering requirements apply. Game weighting applies. Max bonus betting limit: slots - £5, other games - 10% of bonus amount. Payment restrictions & Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||Deposit £20, Play with £50||Visit Casino Read Review||Grosvenor Casinos||500+||
18+. New customers only. Min deposit £20. Max bonus £30, bonus amount non-withdrawable, playable on selected games only. 5x wagering for £30 bonus. Expires within 30 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
Looking to find the best Bitcoin casinos for 2023? If so, you should definitely give some of the names on the list below some consideration. All have been reviewed by our team of casino experts, who have concluded that they’re safe, secure and offer a fantastic range of different games for you to choose from. What’s more, they also offer some superb welcome bonuses, ensuring you start off on the right foot.
Before we get into Bitcoin gambling, let’s take a closer look at this cryptocurrency and its legal status in the gambling world.
What Exactly is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrency, or digital currency, that was created in 2009. The goal with Bitcoin is to create a currency that is decentralized, meaning no banks are involved in transactions.
Bitcoin is run on the blockchain, which is a system that uses other computers to verify transactions. The way blockchain works is complex, but ultimately, the system allows:
- Users to stay anonymous
- Transactions to be more secure
Those are two great things when you’re playing at online casinos.
While Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency, it’s not the only one. Other cryptos are gaining in popularity and are being accepted by more casinos.
How Does a Bitcoin Casino Work?
Although the technology behind Bitcoin is complicated, gambling with cryptocurrency is incredibly simple.
- Buy Bitcoin
- Create an account at a UK Bitcoin casino
- Make a deposit, and play
As you can see, gambling with Bitcoin really isn’t any different from gambling with any other currency.
While the gambling process may be the same, not all UK bitcoin casinos are created equal.
Are Bitcoin Casinos Legal in the UK?
Now that you understand a little bit more about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, you may be wondering whether Bitcoin gambling games are legal in the UK.
On a technical level, yes, it is perfectly legal to use cryptocurrency for gambling in the UK. But in order for a casino to maintain their UKGC licence and accept cryptos, they must meet the Gambling Commission’s stringent anti-money laundering requirements.
How to Use Crypto at Casinos
Ready to play at an online Bitcoin casino? Before you dive in and sign up for an account, it’s important to understand how to use cryptocurrency when gambling online.
If you already have Bitcoin and a wallet, then you can skip this step. But if you’re new to cryptocurrencies and want to explore gambling with Bitcoin, you’ll need to take a few steps before you can start gambling.
Buy Bitcoin: The simplest way to get Bitcoin is to buy it from an exchange. Some of the most popular exchanges include Coinbase, Gemini, Kraken, Bitstamp, Binance and Coinfloor. Bitcoins can typically be purchased with a credit card, bank account or e-wallet.
Choose a Bitcoin Wallet: In order to store your Bitcoins, you need to have a digital wallet. Wallets can either be stored on the cloud, or downloaded to your computer or a thumb drive (the safest option). Your wallet is what allows you to make payments with your cryptocurrency.
Once you have your Bitcoin and digital wallet, you can start gambling at casinos. Head over to one of the best Bitcoin casino sites we recommend (listed above). Check out the games available as well as the bonuses at these casinos to find one that meets your needs.
Once you’ve chosen a casino, sign up for an account and follow the instructions to make a deposit using Bitcoin. Make sure that you have your digital wallet information on-hand. You’ll need it to make a deposit.
Once you’ve made a deposit, you can start playing. Make sure that you go through the identification verification process as soon as possible. This will save you time when you want to make a withdrawal.
Cryptocurrency casinos offer the same casino games that you know and love, including slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker and more.
If you’re lucky enough to win, you can usually make a withdrawal using Bitcoin. To do so, you’ll need your Bitcoin wallet address. In many cases, withdrawals are instant (or nearly instant) when using Bitcoin. But some casinos will require you to choose a different withdrawal method, like a bank account, e-wallet (PayPal, Neteller, etc.). Make sure that you understand the deposit and withdrawal rules before you start playing.
As you can see, gambling with Bitcoin is easy. It’s no different from playing with any other currency.
What to Look for When Choosing a Bitcoin Casino
Bitcoin casinos are still relatively rare in the UK, although they are gaining in popularity. Even though the selection is smaller, there are still some important things that you need to consider when choosing a Bitcoin casino in the UK.
How Long Has the Casino Been in Operation? Is It Licenced?
Even when you’re playing with cryptocurrency, it’s still important to make sure that you research any casino you want to play at. Cryptocurrencies still need to be purchased with real money, so you want to make sure that the casino is legitimate.
When looking at a Bitcoin casino, consider:
- How long the casino has been in operation. If a casino has been in operation for a long time, then that must mean that they’re doing something right.
- Whether the casino is licenced in the UK. Unlicenced casinos are illegal. Unfortunately, many UK players (and players from around the world) fall into the trap of playing at an unlicenced casino and lose their money in the process.
These are two of the most important things to consider when you’re looking at cryptocurrency casinos in the UK. Cryptocurrencies may protect your identity, but you still don’t want to lose your hard-earned digital currency. Making sure that you’re playing at reputable casinos is key to having the best experience possible.
Is the Casino Mobile-Friendly?
Mobile friendliness is more about convenience than safety. Sure, it would be great to play on your smartphone, but it’s not an absolute necessity.
Still, Bitcoin casinos that have apps and mobile-friendly designs give you more options for gaming. It can also make it easier to gamble with Bitcoin if you have quick access to your Bitcoin wallet on your smartphone.
Does the Casino Have Live Dealer Games?
Many online casinos offer live dealer games, and for many UK players, live games are a big draw. Live games are more interactive and give the casino a real-world feel. Plus, you have the opportunity to socialise with other players.
If live games are important to you, look for a Bitcoin live casino. You’ll find that many crypto casinos offer live blackjack, roulette, poker and more.
What Types of Casino Bonuses are Available?
Bonuses are what attracts players to online casinos. Welcome bonuses and deposit bonuses give you a little incentive to play – and to keep playing.
Make sure that the Bitcoin casino you want to play at offers bonuses. Due to the volatility of cryptocurrencies, bonuses may be offered in pounds or bonus spins instead of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin is offered, it may only be a small amount.
Although not as common as other bonuses, some crypto casinos do offer no-deposit promotions. The rewards aren’t quite as generous, but you may be able to claim free spins, tokens or small cash bonuses.
Make sure that you understand the terms and conditions of any bonuses that you want to claim. Almost all bonuses have wagering requirements that you’ll have to meet before you can make a withdrawal.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Bitcoin Casinos
Bitcoin Gambling FAQs
✨ What are the Different Types of Bitcoin Wallets?
- There are two types of Bitcoin wallets: hot (cloud-based) and cold (offline). Hot wallets are connected to the Internet and are typically cloud-based. These wallets are easy to set up and use, so they’re a convenient option for most people. Cold wallets are not connected to the Internet. Instead, your crypto keys are stored offline on a hard drive or thumb drive. Although less convenient, cold wallets are also less vulnerable to hacking attempts. Generally, cold wallets are the safer option for storing your Bitcoins. However, you may find that it’s more convenient to use a hot wallet for gambling purposes. In this case, you would only store the Bitcoins that you designate for gambling in this wallet. Take the time to compare your wallet options and see which one will work best for you and your needs.
✨ Are Bitcoin Gambling Sites Provably Fair?
- Typically, yes. Provably Fair is a special algorithm that’s used to verify a casino’s fairness and transparency. Essentially, it ensures that the games aren’t rigged and that you’re guaranteed fairness with each bet you make.
✨ Are There Fees for Crypto Casinos?
- Some casinos will charge a fee for using Bitcoin, but many won’t. You can expect to pay fees for buying and selling Bitcoin on exchanges, and transactions also have a fee. It’s important to remember that most payment methods have some sort of fee somewhere along the line. Typically, fees are negligible and are designed to cover transaction fee costs.
✨ What Games Can I Play at Bitcoin Casino Sites?
- Some players assume UK Bitcoin casinos are different from other casinos. In reality, they offer the same games that you’ll find on any other casino site. For example, Bitcoin slots are no different from regular slots. Most casinos allow you to play: Slots, Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, Poker. Depending on the site, you may also be able to bet on sports. Your selection of crypto casinos may be limited, but your game selection won’t be. These casinos usually have hundreds of games to choose from, and many also have live dealer games.
✨ How Does Bitcoin Keep My Information Private?
- One of the biggest advantages of using Bitcoin for gambling is that your information is kept private. But how exactly does that happen? Although Bitcoin transactions are traceable and public, they don’t contain identifiable information (in other words, you remain anonymous). The only information that’s stored is your Bitcoin address, which shows where your tokens are stored and where they are sent. First, it’s important to note that Bitcoin is not completely anonymous – although it’s pretty close. Any information that’s stored on the blockchain won’t have a link to your identity, but there is information that can link your transactions to each other. This really isn’t concerning, as there’s no personally identifiable information here. That said, when you make a transaction on the Bitcoin network, you’re sending and receiving cryptocurrency from an entity that does know your identity. While highly unlikely and difficult, it is possible to link your identity to Bitcoin transactions. Of course, there are ways to make this more difficult. One of the best things you can do is use a new address every time you make a transaction.
✨ Do BTC Casinos Have Minimum Deposit Requirements?
- Sometimes. A Bitcoin casino in the UK will likely have minimum deposit and minimum withdrawal requirements. You can view these requirements in the casino’s Terms of Service. Some casinos are more transparent and provide this information on their Banking page. Keep in mind that your Bitcoin will need to be converted to GBP or Euros when making a deposit. Minimum deposits are usually between £10 and £20. Make sure that you understand the minimum requirements for deposits and withdrawals before you sign up for an account. High minimum deposits may be a red flag, particularly when using cryptocurrencies as your payment method. A reputable Bitcoin casino in the UK will likely have a small minimum deposit requirement.
✨ How Do Withdrawals Work with a BTC Casino?
- Many (not all) casinos require you to use the same payment method for deposits and withdrawals. But when it comes to Bitcoin, the rules may be a little different. Because of Bitcoin’s volatility, you may be required to use a different withdrawal method. But if the casino does allow Bitcoin as a withdrawal method, the process will likely be the same as with any other payment method: Visit the “Cashier”; Choose the amount you want to withdraw; Select “Bitcoin” for your withdrawal method. You’ll need your Bitcoin wallet information to make the withdrawal, and the tokens will be transferred to your wallet.
✨ Do I Have to Give My Personal Information to the Bitcoin Casino?
- Yes. While your Bitcoin transaction will be anonymous and secure, you still need to provide the casino with your personal information. If a casino claims that you can play without giving any personal information, that’s a big red flag. Casinos have to verify the identities of players to comply with anti-money laundering laws and ensure that players are of legal gambling age. No matter what payment method you choose, you still have to go through the verification process. This means providing documentation, such as photo ID and utility bill. So, while Bitcoin itself is secure and protects your private information, your gambling habits won’t be entirely anonymous. The casino itself will have your personal information. But do keep in mind that privacy laws will work in your favour to help protect your data.
✨ Can You Use Different Cryptocurrencies for Deposits and Withdrawals?
- That depends on the casino’s policy. It's challenging enough to find a casino that accepts one cryptocurrency let alone multiple ones. Bitcoin is the most commonly accepted cryptocurrency by casinos, but there are a few casinos that accept other cryptocurrencies as well. Even if you’re lucky enough to find ones that accept multiple cryptos, it’s unlikely that you can use one type for deposits and another for withdrawals. Be sure to check the casino’s Terms of Service page to learn more about their policies for payment methods. Some casinos are more flexible than others with their payment terms.
- 9 Best Bitcoin Wallet Hardware & Cryptocurrency Apps (2021)
- Blockchain security: What keeps your transaction data safe?
- Regulation of Cryptocurrency Around the World
- Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts And Market Capitalizations
- Consensus Mechanism (Cryptocurrency) Definition
- How does Bitcoin work? Deep dive into technical aspects of Bitcoin
- What Makes a Blockchain Secure? | Binance Academy