Non UK Casino Sites
The gambling industry is constantly blooming and has constant growth year after year. Following that trend, there are many online casinos starting their operations and providing their services for players around the world. This includes a huge number of non UK online casino sites who provide their games and offers to players worldwide. When you Google or search for a new casino to play online, you can come across many non UK licensed casinos. These are casinos which are not developed by British companies and who provide their gaming solutions to international players, but not Brits. The reason is that these are casinos not registered with Gamstop, GambleAware and other services. These are requirements for all legally operating UK online casinos, so they are unable to provide their services to UK players.
If you come from the United Kingdom and want to play in an online casino, you need to register in a UK-licensed online casino. Playing in an international casino which doesn’t have the required licenses and registrations is not legal and you have many options among UK casinos, which are legal, audited, tested and safe. Besides the legal point of view, non-UK casinos are not a good choice for Brits because they don’t have special offers for British players like UK online casinos have. If you choose a UK online casino, you’ll be able to play legally, safely and easily.
In the following sections, you may check some information about:
- non UK online casinos and why it's not the best option for Brits;
- websites where you can check if online casinos for real cash are licensed by UKGC or not;
- details about organizations like Gamstop, MGA, Curacao Egaming.
Online Casinos Not Registered with Gamstop [Updated 2019]
|Casino||Year Established||Welcome Bonus|
|Spin Up Casino||2018||€1000|
|Bronze Casino||2018||€2000 + 50 BS|
|Split Aces Casino||2018||€1500 + 150 BS|
In recent years, government bodies have recognized the importance of stopping gambling addiction and have brought many measures to increase the awareness and effectiveness of gambling restriction. That’s why, in the UK, every online casino has to have a self-restricting scheme in order to obtain a UKGC license and operate legally.
One of these services is Gamstop, in which players with a gambling problem can restrict themselves from playing in online casinos. Many online gambling sites are non Gamstop casinos, so here are some features of these online casino sites:
- Non regulated by UK Gambling Authorities. If you look at the world of online and mobile gambling, you can find many casino sites that are not regulated by the UK authorities, which means they are not legal in the United Kingdom. These non UK regulated casino sites use other forms of licensing in order to offer their services to players from other countries. If an online casino doesn’t have a gambling restriction service, it cannot be licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
- In most cases, they are licensed by MGA or Curacao. For those online casinos that couldn’t get a license from the UKGC, there are other licensing authorities available. Casinos not on Gamstop usually use MGA or Curacao to get their license for gaming. MGA (Malta Gambling Authority) and Curacao eGaming (off-shore authority) are licensing bodies through which online casinos can obtain a legal license to operate in some countries, but not in the UK.
- The main currencies are USD or EUR. When you play in a UK casino, the domain extension is usually .co.uk, and you can recognize that the casino site is offered to Brits because the main currency used is the British Pound (GBP). In non UK based online casino sites, you will find the US Dollar (USD) or Euro (EUR, in European online casinos) as the main currencies supported.
- Usually they accept crypto deposits. Cryptocurrency deposits are payment methods in which you use Bitcoin, Ethereum, LiteCoin or other cryptocurrencies to make a casino deposit. You will often find this payment method in casinos not on Gamstop. Most online casinos licensed by the UKGC don’t support this type of payment methods. Since anonymity is one of the main benefits of using cryptocurrencies, you will often find them in non-licensed, off-shore Bitcoin online casinos.
Cons of Non UK Casino Sites Not Covered by Gamstop
In the previous section, we have listed some of the features of casinos not using Gamstop. Now, you can easily recognize them even before you find the info on whether they are licensed. It’s important to know that playing in this type of casino sites has its drawbacks and potential harms. Here are 5 dangers related to playing in a non Gamstop casino:
- If an online casino doesn’t payout money, you cannot complain to main authorities. A legit online casino always pays out money to its players, regardless of their account status, currency, payment method, etc. The way the government regulates this is by declining licenses from the UKGC and banning online casinos from operating in the UK. However, if you play in an off-shore casino and find yourself in a situation where you can’t withdraw your winnings, you cannot send a complaint to the UK Gambling Commission. For online casino not in UK, there are other authorities that are governing its operations.
- The main currencies are USD or EUR. In every UK online casino, the main currency is always the British Pound (GBP). It’s presented in games, promotional texts and bonus offers. In non UK casinos, the main currencies are most commonly USD and EUR. The Euro is specific for European casinos and can be found on some Central and East European sites, while the USD is used in online casinos worldwide. In these casinos, you have to deposit dollars or euros, which the payment method will convert for you, usually at unfavourable rates.
- You won’t find there top payment methods like PayPal. The offer of payment methods in an online casino is a great way to conclude about their reliability and security. For example, top-tier payment platforms like PayPal, Skrill and other eWallets are only featured in legit and legal casinos. In latest Paypal casino, it’s even harder to integrate it into a gaming platform, so new online casinos with PayPal are definitely top-notch. When it comes to non Gamstop sites, they usually offer unreliable payment methods which don’t guarantee any kind of protection.
- Usually, you cannot self-exclude yourself from gambling at these websites and from gambling overall. Gambling sites not on Gamstop don’t have the option for players to self-exclude themselves from gambling. In legit online casinos, gambling awareness and responsible gaming are one of their top priorities. They offer services in which you can exclude yourself from gambling, even when it’s not profitable for them. This is because this option is crucial for its licensing and auditing process. In online casinos that are not on Gamstop, you won’t have this option.
- Most of the websites don’t have online casino games by reliable software providers like Netent, Playtech or Microgaming. As we have already mentioned, there are some tell-tale signs that the casino is legit and legal in the UK. One of them are reliable payment methods, but another significant factor is who provides their games. The top-tier casino software providers like Microgaming, NetEnt, and Playtech only integrate their games with casino operators that are licensed and regulated. These casino software developers do not have their games on non Gamstop casino sites.
How to Check Whether Casino is Licensed by UKGC & Signed Up to Gamstop
If you’re a British player, it’s extremely important for you that your casino operates legally in the UK. Even with a quick Google search, you can easily find many non UK slot sites and casino sites. For legal operating and servicing, an online casino in the UK must have a license by the UKGC and a Gamstop option. How can you know which best UK online casinos fulfill these requirements? What is the difference between websites not on Gamstop and those that are?
- Check the operator in UKGC database. The UK Gambling Commission has a public and free database which you can visit to check whether a certain casino operator is licensed. You can access it by visiting the link above. After you enter the database, just enter the online casino name and you will be able to see whether it has a license. Non UK licensed casinos and slots sites will not be listed here, so if you can’t find it, it’s not licensed.
- Check certificates in “Footer”. In most online casinos, you can find some info about the casino and the company that’s operating it in the About Us section. In the Footer area of UK online casino websites, you can find a logo of the UKGC together with the text “Licensed by the UK Gambling Commission”. Non UK regulated casino operators will not have this information anywhere on the website.
- Read “T&C”. Every online casino has a Terms and Conditions section where you can find all the info related to depositing, withdrawing, bonuses, about the casino and other content. There, you can also find information on whether the casino has a UK gambling license and if it’s registered in Gamstop. In non licensed casinos, you won’t be able to find this info, and the licensing authority will be from some other country.
- Check Gamstop participants. Gamstop offers a service where you can check which companies and online casinos are registered in their program. If you enter the name of non Gamstap casino sites and participants, it will not be listed in their database. If the casino you want to play in is not listed here, it’s better to choose a casino featured on the list. If you want to play in legit, popular and safe UK online casinos, you can find a top list of the best ones on our website. All casinos featured here have a UKGC license and a gambling self-restriction program.
- What is UKGC?
- The UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) is the authority of the United Kingdom governing the issuing of licenses for gaming. When a casino, both land-based and online, has a UKGC license, it has the ability to offer its services to British players. On the other hand, if a casino doesn’t have a UKGC license, it cannot operate legally in the UK.
- What is Gamstop?
- Gamstop is UK’s national self-exclusion of gambling scheme. It’s intended to stop players from gambling addiction, and many casino sites have already included it in their operation. With Gamstop, you can choose to be restricted from any gambling sites you’re signed into in order to take control of a gambling problem.
- What is MGA?
- MGA is short for Malta Gaming Authority. Due to the legislation of this country, many online casinos get a license in Malta so they can offer their services to players worldwide. Many British casinos have both an MGA and UKGC licenses, but it’s not legal to play in casinos that have only a MGA license.
- What is Curacao eGaming?
- Curacao eGaming license is an authority providing its license to online casinos so they can operate and offer their services to players worldwide. It’s an off-shore licensing agency, and a Curacao eGaming license is not enough for a casino to be legal in the UK.