Online Bingo UK
Bingo is one of the most popular games in the United Kingdom. The game, said to have originated in Italy in the 1500s, was called “beano.” While at first players used sacks and numbered squares, the game quickly started to transform when it became popular in the 18th century.
Today, trusted bingo sites can be found online. The best providers connect players across the UK day and night. But the list of them is massive.
While new sites pop up and older ones close down, it can be difficult to find a trustworthy provider to play with. With this guide you’ll learn how to eliminate the high-risk sites and play with confidence.
Best Bingo Sites in the UK 
| 100% Up to £100 + 100 FS|
18+. New players only. UK exc NI. Min dep: £10. Max Offer 100% Bonus up to £100 & 100 Free Spins [Game of our choice]. Promo code: 100BONUS. Free spins winnings capped at £2.50. 40x wagering applies to bonus funds. Free spins expire after 7 days. Valid until 31/03/2021. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
| 100% Up to £20 + 20 FS|
18+. New players only. UK excluded NI. Min dep: £5. Free Spins winnings are capped at £2.00 and credited as bonus funds with 40x wagering. Bonus funds must be wagered 60x before withdrawal. Slots Free Spins expire after 7 days. Promo code: CARAVAN. Valid until 31/12/2021. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
| Up to 520 Bonus Spins|
18+. New players only. Min dep: £20. Max bet £5. 35x wagering requirement. Bonus spins spread on first four deposits. Bonus valid 30 days. Bonus spins valid 7 days. Neteller and Skrill deposits excluded. Winnings from the bonus spins are capped at £80. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|Up to 500 BS||Jonny Jackpot||1400+|
|Up to 300 FS||Arctic Spins||520+|
| 500 FS|
Up to 500 Free Spins on Starburst.
|£300 +100 BS||Playzee||1294+|
|100% up to £100 + 200 FS||Casino Planet||1700+|
|100% up to £100 + 50 FS||Vegas Hero||1300+|
|£1000 + 100 FS||PlayGrand||480+|
There are over 500 bingo sites that offer fun, endless gaming in the United Kingdom. Picking and choosing between the best sites take a lot of time and patience.
You’ll want to remain cautious of sites that are new or that have similar names to leading sites. Bingo is such a popular game that it allows for legitimate companies to start up and quickly make a big name for themselves. If the company has to use another site’s name to gain traffic in this industry, chances are that they’re running a scam.
We do the research for you, offering a list of the United Kingdom’s best bingo sites. The brands that we list meet our stringent guidelines, including being fully regulated and licensed by the United Kingdom’s Gambling Commission.
If a site is licensed, they have to abide by certain rules and regulations that make playing safer. Choose these sites above all others.
How We Review Bingo Sites
Reviewing bingo sites is a delicate process, and it’s important that each player learns the basic rules and variations before playing. When we write online bingo reviews, we compare bingo sites using strict criteria. The factors that go into consideration are:
Bingo Rules & Variations to Learn
If you know how to play online bingo, chances are, you don’t know the rules for every variation of the game. The original game was introduced in the mid-1500s, so throughout the centuries, there have been various changes and iterations to the game.
Offline: How to Play Bingo in the UK
Bingo, in the UK version, is called 90-ball bingo. While the game is thought to have been created in Italy, it eventually reached Great Britain by the 18th century. The game includes:
- A caller that calls out the numbers and will be responsible for validating the winner.
- The caller will indicate when the game begins and will choose:
- Counters from a bag
- Using a call machine
- Players listen for the called number and mark it if they have it
- The game continues until a player has all numbers to win a prize
- The player calls out “bingo,” and the win is validated
Multiple combinations can lead to a winner, including: four counters, line, two lines or full house. You should know these combinations.
Computerized versions of the game are becoming popular, too. These games are not online versions but leave some of the caller’s responsibility to the computer.
How to Play Online Bingo
It’s a lot easier to learn how to win at online bingo because there’s a lot of automation involved. You’ll have to master the rules a little less, but you should learn the basics. You’ll log into a lobby where you’ll see all games going on.
You’ll be able to find a variety of versions played, but 90-ball is the most common. The second most popular option is 75-ball.
The online game may have different payouts for the different ways you win:
- Full house
You can usually choose up to 45 tickets. As the balls are drawn, your card is marked, and the winnings will be added to your balance automatically.
Chat moderators will help answer any questions you have. These moderators have a wealth of information that makes playing more enjoyable.
Best Bingo Bonuses
Bingo sites try and find ways to entice new players to join and also keep current players around. On-going bingo bonuses are one of the most widespread offers. Of course, most of them will come with wagering requirements.
The most popular bingo bonus types include:
When a specific game is being promoted, you might find a 5 deposit bingo bonus, for example. These game-specific bonuses are often provided when new games are released.
Claiming Bonuses on the UK’s Top Bingo Sites
Every site has different requirement to claim your bonus, but the normal process includes:
- Joining the site
- Entering your details
- Clicking on your account or clicking on the bonus offer
- Reading through all of the bonus requirements
Software Powering the Top Bingo Apps
All bingo sites are powered by some sort of software. This software offers state-of-the-art features and functions while allowing players to play on either desktops, smartphones or tablets. Platforms that are among the most popular and secure are:
Cozy Games has been in business since 2005 and has become a popular choice because it’s one of the companies that focused heavily on mobile. The company was acquired in 2017 by GVC Holding, which is one of the largest gaming and betting companies in the world.
Dragonfish is known for providing bingo software to some of the largest bingo sites in the world. As one of the largest bingo networks, the company is known for helping over 140 brands run their bingo sites.
The size of the platform is a benefit to players because they’re able to offer bigger jackpots and payouts.
Gamesys Group is listed on the London Stock Exchange, so it’s a company that has to meet high regulatory standards. The company was founded in 2001 and helps power some of the largest bingo sites in the United Kingdom.
The software provider was named one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK before going public.
Microgaming isn’t as large as some of the providers on the list. The company was established in 1994 and is headquartered on the Isle of Man. The company offers modern, advanced platforms that are designed to run fast and efficiently on mobile, desktop and other devices.
The platform is not as popular as other choices, but it’s known for offering a high-end gaming experience.
Virtue Fusion was started in 1999 and was sold in 2010. The company remains one of the leading companies in online gambling software. The primary software sold through Virtue Fusion is bingo software.
All bingo sites that use the software benefit from one of the widest selection of games, including 70 ball, 80 ball, etc. Bingo sites running on the platforms listed are using secure, tested technology that provides the best experience for players.
Bingo Site Payment Methods
What payment methods does the bingo site you choose accept? Every site is different and will offer their own set of payment methods. If you’re unsure of a site, you may want to choose a site that allows you to deposit or withdraw money for bingo with PayPal.
Typical payment methods accepted on these sites are:
Pay by Phone
In the United Kingdom, as of April 2020, a new law has been imposed that disallows payment to bingo sites using credit cards. Debit cards are allowed. Despite other payment options being available, you cannot fund these options with a credit card after the law’s passing.
PayPal does have procedures in place that meet regulator guidelines for usage, but some of the other payment options may not.
There are risks and benefits to all of the payment methods. One risk with linking a bank account or debit card is that if the site is a scam, you can have your money withdrawn without authorization. If you have an account on PayPal or Skrill, you can only lose the amount of money that you pay.
E-wallets and Neteller options are also widely available and allow for a safer way to pay than using a debit card.
There are a lot of PayPal bingo sites and alternative options if you don’t want to use a debit card directly on a bingo site.
Bingo Site FAQ
- How do online bingo sites work?
- Bingo sites are easy and fun to use. Choose the site that you want to play on and: Sign up Deposit money Purchase tickets A lot of sites will give you free money or offer the option to play for free. Normally, you’ll have to go to a bingo room, select the amount you want to purchase and begin playing.
- Is using a bingo site safe?
- Most sites are safe, but some are not. You’ll want to be critical of new sites and do your own due diligence to check the site’s: UKGC license Software audit history Reviews Since you’ll be exchanging money to play, be sure to review each site so that you don’t lose your money to a scam site. We do a lot of this work for you, so you can reduce your risk of being scammed.
- Should I play on new or established sites?
- Established sites pose the least risks because you can review and investigate each site yourself. With new sites, there may be little to no history of the site available. The risk you face is giving information to a scammer. If you can’t find any information on the company or press releases announcing their opening, consider using another bingo site – there are a lot of them.
- Is bingo really a random game?
- Bingo is a random game in the sense that a random number generator is used to make the numbers the players receive random. There are strict parameters that a person must follow to win the game, and these rules or parameters are fixed. A lot of third-party testers have reviewed the sites we’ve listed to ensure that you have a fair chance of winning.
- Which bingo sites offer the best payout?
- Established sites with the largest audiences will have the best payouts. These sites have the money to be able to provide high payouts, but you’ll also be up against more players, lowering your odds of winning. The best bingo sites listed earlier in our article have great payouts. Make sure to read all of the reviews and requirements if you sign up for a bonus or promotion to know how to receive your money.