Guernsey Casino Sites
The Channel Islands are quite active in the global online gambling market where more and more e-gambling companies started to settle down there. Guernsey is one of the Channel Islands located near the French coast and associated with the islets like Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou making-up the Bailiwick of Guernsey. This British crown dependency island can be the meeting of the Guernsey casino online gamblers.
Although there are no brick and mortar casinos, gambling is still technically legal there. Citizens of Guernsey are considered to be the luckiest because they have the opportunity to get fun with the various games offered by the worldwide reputed online casinos. In fact, Alderney and Guernsey compromised to permit the online gambling in Alderney to move to Guernsey. The Guernsey online casinos can offer fair gaming along with best services to the players.
10+ Best Guernsey Online Casinos of 2018
History of Online Gambling in Guernsey
The first appearance of the Lottery in Guernsey was in 1971 which combined with the lottery in Jersey in 1975 and give the “Channel Islands Lottery”. Then, the first gambling laws were in 1971 that let the fans of cinema racing try their luck to gain money while keeping entertained. This sort of betting is legal there and has always attracted the crowd.
The Guernsey Gambling Control Commission was created in 2002 to regulate casino gambling including the Guernsey casino sites. It was also established to prevent all the issues caused by gambling. In 2003, St Pierre Park Hotel got a licence to build the only island’s casino under the supervision of this Guernsey Commission. However, this project is never completed owing to a disagreement between the casino and the construction company.
The traditional Lottery was replaced by the Scratch Card Lottery where two scratch card draws ran at the same time. Even there are no Guernsey casinos; many online gambling sites with various exclusive casino games will surely entertain the fanatics. In 2006, the bookmakers had to meet higher licensing fees so they ask the authority to operate on Sundays. Then Jersey appealed the UK National Lottery to be extended to the Channel Islands but it has not yet occurred till today.
Guernsey Online Gaming Laws & Regulations
The gambling laws and regulations are the set of rules apply to the gambling industry in the goal to have safety standard and make all the games fair. Gambling is exciting but can be associated with the different types of issues.
Each country has its own gambling laws and in Guernsey casino online, there are a number of important facts that need to be considered. Gambling is legal throughout the region. According to the Alderney and Guernsey‘s deal, the gambling firms based in Alderney can relocate to Guernsey. At that time, these companies are still under the control of Alderney Gambling Commission.
It doesn't mean that Guernsey has not its own commission to regulate Guernsey online casinos. The Guernsey regulator was established in 2002 to equalize the gambling and to prevent crimes related to online casino Guernsey. There was also the plan to build a casino in which its regulation would be the role of the Commission. Unfortunately, the project to build this casino is failed.
The responsible for the licensing, regulation, and registration of gambling in Guernsey is the Committee for Home Affairs. The gambling law, 1971 is the first piece of legislation however there are other specific ordinances related to each type of gambling. Though gambling is legal on the island of Guernsey, it has not the right to license the foreign gambling sites which is not the case of Alderney.
This latter has always managed to attract a number of foreign gambling companies. Nevertheless, despite the limited number of operators, Guernsey casinos accepting UK players are available there. The laws in this territory allow the Alderney licensees operators to profit of the hosting and the secure telecommunication on Alderney and Guernsey.
Guernsey Casino FAQ
- Is it legal to gamble online in Guernsey?
- The Channel Islands are divided into two British Crown Dependencies the Bailiwick of Jersey and the Bailiwick of Guernsey. This latter includes the Alderney and other islands. As Jersey is very reputed with the gambling companies, people are influenced by this kind of distraction. Several Guernsey casinos accepting UK players and other fans throughout the world can be accessible there. Therefore, the online casino Guernsey is surely prominent and featuring various attractive games.
- What is the legal online gambling age in Guernsey?
- As Guernsey is the British archipelago, the general rule for legal age for gambling there is 18 years old. This must be applied to the various games of Guernsey casino sites such as craps, video Poker, baccarat, slot, blackjack, roulette, poker, and more. Note that the person under the age of 18 who participates in online gambling games is considered to be guilty of a criminal offence.
- Who regulates online gambling activities in Guernsey?
- The entity who regulates the activities related to the Guernsey casinos is the Guernsey Gambling Control Commission. This authority began in 2002 and apart from regulating the gambling, it has also the role to help avoid financial crime associated to this activity. Moreover, as stated above, the Guernsey and Alderney signed a partnership in which the casino sites in Alderney can remove to Guernsey. At that time, it is the role of the Commission in Alderney (or AGCC) to control these casinos based on Guernsey.