A £5 deposit casino is exactly what the name suggests – a casino site with a very low entry requirement, where you can start playing your favourite games with as little as £5.
Although it may sound like a very low first deposit threshold, you’ll be pleased to know that finding a £5 deposit casino uk is actually not that hard.
There are plenty of trustworthy operators that welcome low-budget players, such as Electric Spins, 888, Ladbrokes, Bet Victor, Coral Bingo, Grosvernor or Betfair.
So…are £5 minimum deposit casinos worth it in terms of perks, bonuses, games offer and safety? Find out the answers to that and more in our complete guide!
List of Best 5 Pound Deposit Casino Sites
Users are not charged by CasinoHEX. Commissions that we receive for marketing brands do not affect the gaming experience of a User.
Captain Cooks Casino
||Get 100 chances to win the jackpot for just £5!||Visit Casino Read Review||Captain Cooks Casino||647+||
18+. New players only. Before withdrawal, £1500 of wagering is required on slots. The 100 chances are credited as a £25 bonus and players can wager 100 times at £0.25 on the Mega Moolah slot machine. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
AN OVERVIEW OF £5 MINIMUM DEPOSIT CASINO UK
According to the Edinburgh Reporter, British people spend an average of £2.60 on casino games weekly, whether that’s slots or bingo.
Although it doesn’t sound like a lot, these sums can certainly add up over the course of a year. This statistic also explains why players in the Kingdom are fans of low deposit gambling sites, such as a £5 deposit casino.
The prospect of getting to deposit 5 pound and enjoy an array of offers, from free spins to reload bonuses is enticing for sure. They also enable you to try a new casino risk-free – since it’s such a low sum, if you end up having a bad experience, you won’t miss out on a lot.
That’s precisely why a 5 pound deposit casino is a fantastic alternative for beginners and low-budget players, compared to £10 or £20 minimum deposit casinos.
But do they offer the same level of quality and excitement? Let’s discover together…
Top Features of 5 Pound Deposit Casinos
Is a £5 deposit casino the holy grail of the market, does it offer enough bang for your buck or does it fall short compared to higher deposit casinos?
Short answer? For beginners or veterans wanting to try out a new casino, it might just be what they’re looking for but, for high rollers, a 5 minimum deposit casino might not provide much excitement.
Here’s the main advantages of a 5 min deposit casino:
How To Claim Bonuses at a 5 Pound Casino
It is no secret that a deposit of only £5 paves the way for UK players to acquire a wide variety of bonus types, from free spins to bonus money, cash-back or even free bingo tickets. Although the steps to claim some offers may vary slightly from casino to casino, in general, here is what you need to do:
- In the majority of cases, in order to have access to bonuses and be able to cash-out without delays, you need to pass all KYC/AML checks. Make sure that you’ve sent the casino your documents in advance so that you don’t run into any unpleasant incidents such as blocked funds pending verification. This can happen even at 5 pound casinos if there is any suspicion of money laundering and the last thing you want is to have your funds frozen before you could cash out a no deposit bonus or a substantial welcome bonus of 50%, 75% or even 100%.
- A common mistake beginner players make is not paying attention to which payment methods are eligible for a particular bonus, whether that’s free credit or free spins. You may be in a rush and think to yourself – ”Well, I deposited £5, that’s the minimum amount, where is my bonus?”. Unfortunately, even if you deposited the correct amount, if you didn’t do it through the specified method, you won’t be credited the bonus and there’s nothing the customer support team can do. Most frequently, mobile pay options such as Apple Pay, Boku or Siru, and popular e-wallets like Skrill, Neteller and PayPal are excluded from welcome bonuses.
- When you come across an attractive bonus at a 5 pound casino, you may be distracted by the flashy lights, banners, visuals or animations and fail to pay close attention to the text. Whether you receive an in-app notification, a newsletter or an affiliate link to an offer’s landing page, never skip the text because it always contains important information. For example, some no deposit bonuses at a 5 pound casino can only be claimed if you use a specific promotional code in a designated field at registration. If you fail to see this step, you can’t go back and claim it, after. Likewise, some welcome bonuses at £5 deposit casinos in the UK require you to speak to the customer support team directly so they can credit you the offer.
To make things simple for you, before claiming any bonus at a £5 pound casino, you need to check the following aspects – the rollover requirements attached to it, the validity of the bonus and the maximum amount you can cash-out.
For example, if you want to claim a 100% match offer on a £5 deposit, you will receive an additional £5 to play with, but, in some cases, the casino can match your first deposit by as much as 300% so you can get £15 in free credit.
Although both scenarios sound great, it’s important to see how many times you need to bet the bonus amount before you cash-out – a sweet spot to look for is 20x-30x. The casino should also give you plenty of time to meet these requirements – in many cases, 24 hours might not be enough, so look for bonuses that are available for at least 7-14 days, instead.
Lastly, don’t forget to check the cap put on the maximum win – in practice, if the casino has put a cap of £50 on the wins you can acquire via the free credit or spins offered, it doesn’t matter how much you deposit, they will cancel any sum above that threshold and you won’t be able to cash-out.
£5 DEPOSIT CASINO BONUSES
If you want to find out what type of casino bonuses you can claim if you deposit £5 as a new player, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve analyzed the top offers found at the best casinos licensed in the UK and will break it down for you in the simplest of terms. What you need to remember is that each bonus comes with its own set of terms and conditions, such as:
- can only be claimed if you deposit through a particular method (e.g. debit card or bank transfer)
- requires inserting a special promo code
- can only be claimed once, at registration
- can only be used for certain casino games (e.g. bingo or slots)
- has a maximum specified amount you can win with the bonus
Another important aspect to mention is that, the vast majority of casinos that offer a 5 pound deposit bonus will usually award you with one of the two – free spins or cash.
Deposit £5 Get Bonus Cash
This promotion is usually available exclusively to new players, as this low entry fee is primarily designed to attract beginners and turn them into customers. Once you verify your account and deposit 5, the casino will match this sum by 100%, 200% or even 300%.
Depending on the percentage offered, the promotion will usually be phrased as any of the following:
- “deposit 5, get bonus”
- “deposit £5 play with 80”
- „deposit 5 get 30 free casino”
- “deposit 5 get 25 free casino”
- „deposit 5 play with 50”
- „deposit 5, get 25 free”
Although any of the above sound incredibly lucrative, it’s always wise to read the fine print carefully, as wagering requirements can make or break an offer.
Always look for reasonable wagering requirements when registering on a 5 pounds deposit casino (e.g. between 1x – 30x) and avoid high ranges of 60-70x – they’re not worth it, especially if the potential payout is not that high in the first place.
Keep in mind that the time limit imposed by the casino to meet the wagering requirements should be attainable and fair (a common range is 7-30 days).
Same goes for the cap put on the maximum win with the bonus – it should be advantageous to you just as much as it is for the casino (e.g. deposit £5, get £50 in cash).
Another aspect to be on the lookout for is the games that count for the wagering – some casinos restrict the bonus to a few titles from the same provider (e.g. only slots from Novomatic) or a few game types (most commonly slots). That can be a big drawback if you like table games, bingo or sports-betting and find out they don’t count for the wagering.
Moreover, it’s not uncommon for a £5 deposit casino to require the use of a promo code to get activated. Casinos will usually specify these codes on the offer page, in the terms and conditions, in newsletters, mobile app notifications or even on social media.
Make sure you are subscribed to all of these channels, especially if you want to claim an offer with a minimum deposit of £5 that is also time-sensitive. And, if you’re in doubt, you can always contact customer support to get the code.
Lastly, you should check which payment methods are eligible for the offer. Many licensed UK casinos exclude e-wallets such as Skrill and Neteller, but also pre-paid methods like PaySafeCard from their welcome bonuses – that also typically applies to a £5 deposit casino.
Deposit £5 Get Free Spins
A deposit 5 get free spins promotion is one of the most popular ones you can find at licensed UK casinos, alongside no deposit bonuses.
In this case, however, you need to make a first deposit of £5 to claim the offer and the casino will grant you a different number of free spins at certain slots games (most commonly player-favourite titles like Burning Hot or Book of Ra).
Depending on the number of free spins advertised, the offer can be phrased as any of the following:
- “deposit 5 get 100 free spins”
- “up to 20 free spins”
- “stake £5, get 10 free spins”
Each free spin offered is usually worth 1p, so you get plenty of chances to try out your luck. However, be advised that, most often than not, free spins also come with wagering requirements and have a cap put on the maximum win you can get.
Not only that, but some of these offers are extremely time-sensitive, requiring that the player meets the wagering requirements in 24 hours.
£5 Deposit Casino Games
The key takeaway is that a £5 deposit casino gives you access to the same types of games as a regular casino. There isn’t any notable difference in terms of offer variety or software providers – however, you can enjoy all of them with only a fiver.
Slots are not just popular with Vegas enthusiasts, they are among the first choices of UK players as well.
In fact, according to a study quoted by London-tv.co-uk, in 2020, due to the lockdown measures, an impressive number of gamblers switched to online platforms. Not only has online casino revenue increased, but the popularity of online slots surged by 25%.
And this trend can still be observed today. Because casinos welcomed a whole new influx of gamblers, they have also lowered their entry threshold, offering promotions tailored specifically for slots fans, such as “£5 deposit slots” or “deposit £5 get £20 freeslots”.
5 pound deposit slots are incredibly popular because you get a lot of diversity for a small price – you can try classic fruity slots, movie-themed, adventure or even musical slots from top UK providers like Playtech.
You can also try your luck at progressive jackpot slots like Mega Moolah or Mega Fortune, with a slight mention that it may be harder to win the big prize with a smaller sum. This is especially true if the slot you play at requires betting on all paylines to increase your chances.
Table games such as roulette or blackjack are a fantastic choice, especially for beginners, since they are games of chance and luck that anyone can try. Not only that, but you get access to a variety of titles that can be played with a min deposit of £5, whether you choose to play online against computer software or with a live dealer.
A quality 5 minimum deposit casino will typically host multiple types of roulette (American, French, European, Mini, Speed Roulette) and blackjack (Classic, Progressive, European, Atlantic City, Single Deck etc.).
Video poker has been one of the rising stars of 2020 at UK Casinos. In fact, according to the same statistic quoted by London-tv.co-uk, online poker popularity surged by 38% in 2020, a huge percentage only rivalled by the national lottery.
If you’ve never tried video poker, you have all the reasons to give it a go. Even if you’re on a tight budget, you still get a great win potential and you can put that card skill to good use.
Video poker can be seen as the online version of the five-card draw poker – the huge benefit is that, as opposed to other casino games, some variations have RTPs of over 99%.
Some of the most profitable titles you can find including at a £5 minimum deposit casino uk are Deuces Wild (100.76% RTP), Jacks or Better (99.5% RTP) and Joker Poker (100.65%).
Also called a scratchie, an instant game or an instant lottery in the UK, it’s one of the fastest ways to cash an impressive win with a very modest investment.
Predictably so, they are very popular at 5 pound minimum deposit casinos. They are one of the most accessible game types to try since they’re based entirely on luck.
All you need to do is scratch off the indicated areas hiding numbers or symbols and you’ll get an instant prize worth anything from a few pounds to a few thousand pounds.
Live Dealer Games
Live dealer games bring Vegas to your house, but you don’t have to break the bank to enjoy professional interaction with a human host and quality live streaming. In fact, there are many alternatives for lower budgets available one click away, whether you like blackjack, baccarat, live poker or live roulette.
We highly encourage you to look into low limit blackjack variants from Evolution Gaming such as Infinite Blackjack, All Bets Blackjack or One Blackjack. These can be found at top UK casinos such as LeoVegas, Casino.com, Rizk or Mr. Green and you can start with only £1.
Low limit roulette is even more pocket-friendly, with some variations such as Penny Roulette by Playtech allowing you to play with only 1p. Evolution’s Auto Roulette is another solid choice, with a minimum bet of only 10p. In this way, you can put that fiver to good use and play titles with great RTP scores, too!
PAYMENT METHODS TO USE FOR A £5 CASINO DEPOSIT
What is the best payment method to use for smaller deposits without having to pay an arm and a leg in commissions or transaction fees?
As you’ll soon discover, there’s a reason why 5 pound deposit casinos only integrate with specific payment methods that make it fast, easy and convenient for players to deposit and withdraw safely.
Here’s the most common ones you’ll find:
- Mobile Phone Bill. This is an ideal payment method tailored for low deposits. You can get charged to your phone bill anywhere between £0.2 to £30 daily. All you need to do is enter the amount you want to deposit, specify your phone number to get billed and confirm.
- eWallets. They are not just popular for online shopping, but they also offer gamblers instant deposits and withdrawals under 24 hours. There are e-wallets tailored specifically for gamblers such as Skrill, Neteller and MuchBetter that you can use to deposit small sums of just 5 pounds instantly and securely. PayPal is another popular option at UK casinos – you get no charges on top of your deposit and you can trust it, since PayPal is the world’s biggest online payments system.
- Paysafe voucher. We highly recommend the PaySafeCard system to privacy-seeking gamblers. PaySafe vouchers come in fixed, predefined amounts (e.g. £10, £20) and can be acquired anonymously at thousands of retail locations in the UK. Many casinos will also allow you to split this amount over multiple, lower deposits.
What to Look for When Choosing a 5 Pound Deposit Casino
Are there any objective criteria to keep in mind before registering on a £5 deposit casino or should you just go with your gut? If you’re unsure how to make that choice, here’s what our team looks at when ranking the best 5 pound deposit casinos:
Games Offer & Diversity
When we talk about diversity, we believe it’s equally important for an operator to offer both thematic and software provider diversity.
Ideally, you should only register on 5 pound casinos that offer all known game types – lottery, online slots, table games, poker and live dealer options from at least 2-3 industry-approved game studios – NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, Playtech or NextGen.
You should also aim to find as many titles as possible for each category so you can always switch up your game session – e.g. progressive jackpot slots, mythology-inspired slots like Age of the Gods or Legacy of Egypt, Vegas-style slots like Shining Crown and Starburst etc.
Who doesn’t like receiving free things just for playing their favourite games online? We do, too, which is why our second criteria is the bonuses and promotions offered by 5 pound deposit casinos.
How do we determine if bonuses are attractive? We look at:
- Frequency: how often they can be claimed (daily, weekly, monthly or even hourly)
- Quality: what is the potential payout and is it fair compared to the wagering terms?
- Availability: who can claim the bonuses, are they strictly for new or existing players?
A good 5 pound deposit casino should not just reward you for that small first deposit, but they should also engage you once you become a customer with free spins, matched deposit bonuses, reload bonuses, VIP perks or loyalty programs.
Terms and conditions should also be fair and easy to meet for all bonus types. A good range to aim for is 25-30x max.
When we assess the security levels of a £5 deposit casino, we look at licensing, payment methods integrated on the platform, firewalls and SSL certificates, if the casino supports responsible gambling etc.
However, the most important aspect is always licensing. If you’re a UK player, you should only play at casinos licensed by the UK Gambling Commission – you can typically find the relevant information in the footer section of the casino’s homepage (license number, validity and if it’s in good standing).
The UK Gambling Commission upholds some of the highest security standards in the industry, they review licensed casinos and their software periodically to ensure fair odds and RTP scores, whilst also protecting the most vulnerable players with responsible gambling initiatives.
Top Customer Support
Customer support is an essential and often overlooked part of a good game session and experience at an online casino. If you ever run into an issue, you want to know you can get it sorted fast and as seamless as possible.
That is why our advice is to look into 5 pound deposit casinos that offer 24/7 support on more than just one channel (e.g. live chat, e-mail, social media etc.).
Your Preferred Banking Option
Each gambler has his own preference when it comes to deposits and withdrawals at casino sites. You should make sure your 5 deposit casino of choice matches your requirements before going through the hassle of signing-up.
You will typically find the logos of the accepted payment methods in the footer section of the homepage so you can decide at a glance if it’s the right platform for you, whether you’re a mobile gambler or a privacy-seeking player.
The best 5 pound deposit casinos offer an array of different payment methods that also admit lower deposits, so you can quickly switch between them, from bank cards issued by VISA or Mastercard, to popular e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller and even mobile payment options like Apple Pay or Google Pay.
£5 Min Deposit Casino FAQ
📌 What is a 5 pound deposit casino?
- It’s an online casino with a minimum deposit of only £5. Although they are rarer to come by as opposed to £10 or £20 minimum deposit casinos, they are especially popular with UK players and beginner gamblers with a lower budget.
📌 Is £5 the minimum deposit possible at online casinos?
- Yes, it is entirely possible. This small minimum deposit amount is particularly common at bingo sites in the UK.
📌 How can I make a 5 pound deposit?
- All you have to do is go to the „Cashier” or „Banking” section of the website, select the payment method you’d like to use, specify the sum and confirm.
📌 Do I still get bonuses at £5 minimum deposit casino?
- Yes, £5 deposit casino offers most bonus types you’re accustomed to seeing at regular casinos – free spins, cash-back, reload bonuses, access to VIP programs etc. However, in most cases, you may need to make additional deposits over that low initial threshold of £5 to claim them.