Gibraltar Casino Online
Gibraltar is among the British overseas territories located on the Iberian Peninsula. This tiny island with only 30,000 populations is known to have flexible gambling jurisdictions. The region has not a very large local industry with only two casinos featuring traditional and widely-known casino games.
Nonetheless, when it comes to Gibraltar casino online, the territory is reputed to be the best destination of this activity. In fact, the laws established in 1998 along with strict regulations are the main reasons to motivate the offshore operators to build their business there. Most of the Gibraltar online casino sites hold a Licence from local Regulatory or the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
In this article, we will provide:
- more information about online gambling laws and regulations in this area;
- list of best Gibraltar casino sites licensed by GBGA;
- information about landbased casinos in Gibraltar and their working hours.
List of 10+ Best Gibraltar Online Casino Sites [2018 & 2019]
Gibraltar Casinos Accepting UK Players [GBGA Licensed]
|Casino||Year Established||Welcome Bonus|
|William Hill Casino||2008||£300|
British players are certainly interested in Gibraltar casino online websites accepting UK players. Well, we have a nice selection of such Gibraltar online gambling sites. So, anyone interested in casinos licensed by the GBGA should keep reading and find out their main features.
- Accept UK and Gibraltar players. As we said, we offer a wide range of Gibraltar casino sites that accept players from both the UK and Gibraltar. These Gibraltar online casinos come with high operating standards and meet all the legal requirements to serve players from those both countries. This means that, in addition to their approval to operate in the Gibraltar jurisdiction, they also hold a license by the UKGC. Hence, Brits who want to gamble legally and safely can pick any option listed here.
- Licensed by GBGA. Naturally, for real money casinos sites to accept UK players, it must be licensed by the UKGC. However, our list of Gibraltar casino sites includes operators approved by the GBGA too. In other words, they offer an additional layer of safety and security to their consumers. After all, before the UKGC came into the picture, the Gibraltar regulator was the most-respected one in the industry alongside the MGA. Put differently, the GBGA license guarantees a safe and fair gambling environment.
- Mobile Phone & PC Ready. Any Gibraltar online casino we feature on CasinoHex is both PC and mobile-ready. This means that players who prefer gambling on the move can do so at any operator of our list. Naturally, the experience on any playing device – laptop, PC, smartphone or tablet – is impeccable and glitch-free. Plus, the selection of casino games and bonus offers is excellent, regardless of the device you use to play at these Gibraltar gambling destinations.
- Slots & Live Dealer Games. Having a wide range of online slots has really become the norm for gambling sites that want to reach the top. Additionally, live dealer tables have also established as fan-favourite among fans of online gambling. Knowing this, we are dedicated to listing Gibraltar casino online gambling operators that shine in both sections. In other words, regardless of what type of games you prefer, you’ll certainly find many such options at our recommended casinos.
History of Online Casino Gibraltar Gambling
The Gibraltarians started to discover gambling after World War II. In 1947, the first lottery was established by the government to build houses for the war victims. Before the early 2000s, the main revenue of the country came from the military but with the Gibraltar online casinos growth, it has become a key part of the territory's economy.
Four casinos operate there but the Casino Admiral Gibraltar is the largest in the entire region. When Gibraltar began to license gambling sites, it has become one of the popular places of online gambling and sport betting in the world. Reputed to be the first countries that gave licenses to the online gambling firms, Gibraltar is somehow the European Las Vegas. Hence, several casino sites licensed in the region are permitted to enlarge their market in the UK.
Nonetheless, Gibraltar casinos accepting UK players should have a valid license from the reputed regulators. Although the financial crisis paralyzed many European countries in 2008, this territory managed to stand since it is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe. To control the online casino Gibraltar, the new authority was appointed in order to insert a new legislative framework. The future of online gambling in this area looks very bright with more foreign sites apply for licenses.
Gibraltar Online Gambling Laws & Regulations
|Number of Casinos||25|
|Payment Methods||PayPal, Skrill, Credit Cards|
|Software||Microgaming, Netent, Playtech|
As Gibraltar has the most adaptable gambling laws, several firms around the world, especially from the United Kingdom, have chosen to widen their companies there. The island is one of the first locations to legalize the gambling and has become among the worldwide popular centres in online gambling.
Thus, the Gibraltar online casino has the largest employer in the region. Due to the Gibraltar casino online sites expansion, the GRA or Gibraltar Regulatory Authority was established in the goal to make the industry fair and legal. This entity is responsible for securing the regulated market in the area operating under the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner and nominated under the provisions of the Gambling Act of 2005.
Furthermore, the Gibraltar Licensing Authority or GLA is responsible for delivering licenses to the online gambling operators. Very strict before giving the license, the GLA has to investigate if the applicants are qualified to get licenses. In return, safe secure online casino must accept that they should be controlled by the authority. Besides, the Gibraltar casino sites have to respect the advertising principles and must use effective policies to protect their customers. However, the licenses can be suspended or revoked if the firms break the conditions imposed by the authority.
Offline Casinos in Gibraltar (Landbased Ones)
Gibraltar is still far away from gambling hubs such as Macau or Las Vegas. Nonetheless, 18+ locals and tourists have a few land-based facilities to play casino games at. Casinos in Gibraltar offer a luxurious experience and exquisite service. However, visitors of the island need to remember that most Gibraltar casino establishments are located in Ocean Village i.e. in the Northern part of the country.
|Address||Ocean Village Marina,|
|Phone||+350 200 76666|
One of the most popular Gibraltar casinos is the Casino Admiral, owned by Novomatic. This gambling facility opened back in 2015 and it’s the perfect place for fans of gaming machines. Casino Admiral is also a great choice for those who look for a casino in Gibraltar with a VIP Lounge and unforgettable views.
- Casino Admiral has a great selection of 200 gaming machines, whereas the operator’s table game offer is quite modest with only 5 options. The casino’s gaming floor is sweet 25,000 sq/ft;
- No need to worry about parking either as Casino Admiral Gibraltar has self-parking, valet services, and street parking;
- Amenities include Ocean Village Hotels, VIP Lounge and lots of Ocean Village attractions.
|Address||35 Ocean Village Promenade,|
|Phone||+350 200 16000|
|Opening hours||Open 24/7|
Launched only one month before its main competitor Casino Admiral, Casino Sunborn has also a great reputation among gamblers in Gibraltar. Nonetheless, we must highlight that the selection of games at this casino Gibraltar is worse when it comes to gaming machines. Nevertheless, Casino Sunburn is the perfect place for unforgettable nights for those staying at the Sunborn Hotel.
- Players at Sunborn Casino can enjoy 10 table games and 61 gaming machines. Featured games include roulette, blackjack, Punto Banco and Sunborn Stud Poker;
- The casino is open 24/7, while the tables are available between 8 pm and 3 am;
- Besides the many amenities of the Sunborn Hotel, visitors can have a fine dining experience at the exquisite Sky Restaurant too.
Gibraltar Casino Sites FAQs
- Is it legal to gamble online in Gibraltar?
- As Gibraltar is a British outer territory, gambling is legal and regulated in Britain and its territories according to the Gambling Act. As a result, Gibraltar casino online is legal and regulated making the country to be the greatest centre of the gambling industry. Nevertheless, the laws there forbid the provision of facilities for offshore internet gambling that has not a valid license. Thus, the Gibraltar online casinos accepting UK players or those who wish to accept the Gibraltarian players have to require a licence.
- What is the legal online gambling age in Gibraltar?
- Gibraltar is known to be the online gambling capital of many foreign operators. Due to the boom in the industry gambling, the strict laws have to set-up to protect the minor and vulnerable gamblers. Under the Gambling Act, Gibraltar online casino is obliged to develop effective and strong policies to prevent minors from engaging in gambling activities. To answer the question, the minimum age requirement in online gambling age on this island is 18.
- Who regulates online gambling activities in Gibraltar?
- Most of the leading on the casino sites work under the Gibraltar license and all the Gibraltar casino sites require licences. The Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA) regulated the online gambling in this tiny island which was then incorporated into the Gambling Division of the Government. This latter is now the main responsible for regulatory and licensing the online casino Gibraltar. This commission regulates both land-based and online gambling activities.