Boku is a world-class system that enables merchants to accept mobile payments globally and users to benefit from a fast and secure alternative to traditional payment options such as bank transfer, credit cards or e-wallets. Alongside the likes of Google Pay and Apple Pay, it is also one of the most popular and trusted deposit methods at online casinos in the UK and EU.
If you’re looking to learn more about how Boku works for gambling purposes, how to deposit in just a few taps on your screen and how to choose the best Boku casinos in the UK, you’re in the right place. We have prepared an easy, in-depth guide on the Boku mobile payment option – what its pros and cons are compared to similar methods and why it’s a viable option for UK players in particular.
- Table of Contents
- Best Boku casino sites
- Boku payments overview
- How to make a deposit with Boku
- Boku deposit limits & fees
- Boku casino games
- Bonuses offered at Boku gambling sites
- Pros & Cons of Boku gambling
- Boku alternatives
List of Best Boku Casino Sites
Users are not charged by CasinoHEX. Commissions that we receive for marketing brands do not affect the gaming experience of a User.
|1||Read Review||Mansion Casino||275+||
18+. New players only. Min dep: £20. Max. bonus: £200. 40x wagering requirements apply. Game weighting applies. Max bonus betting limit: slots - £5, other games - 10% of bonus amount. Payment restrictions & Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||Bet £25 Get £25 + 25 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||BoyleSports||254+||
18+. Opt in IRE only. Min. cash wagering of £25 (cumulative). 72 hours to wager, 24 hours to accept, 48 hours to play with Bonus. x20 wagering on Bonus. Max. redeemable £250 from BNS. 24 hours to accept, play with and wager wins from Free Spins. x1 wagering on FS wins. Max. redeemable £100 from FS. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||£500 + 150 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Royal Valley||603+||
18+. New players only. First 3 deposit only. Min deposit £10. Max total bonus £500 & 150 spins. 30x wagering ( dep + bonus ). 30x on spins, 4x conversion, bonus and spins valid on a selected slots. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% up to £100 + 200 Spins||Visit Casino Read Review||Slots Heaven||350+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £20. Max bet £5. 100% up to £100 and 200 spins with 40 given on first deposit. 20x wagering applies. Spins and bonus wagering on selected Age of the Gods games only. Not available on iOS app. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% Up to £300 + 150 BS||Visit Casino Read Review||Dream Vegas||1500+||
18+. New players only. One offer per player. Max bonus bet £5. Offer: 100% bonus match on 1st deposit + bonus spins. Value of bonus & number of spins depend on deposit amount: £20-£100: max £100 bonus + 50 spins on selected games; £101-£200: max £200 bonus + 100 spins on selected games; or £200+: max £300 bonus + 150 spins on eligible NetEnt Games. Winnings from spins credited as bonus and capped at £100. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35x wagering the total bonus & cash. Only bonus funds contribute to wagering requirement. Bonus funds expire within 30 days; bonus spins within 72hrs. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% Up to £100 + 100 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Winomania||620+||
||100% up to £100 + 100 BS||Visit Casino Read Review||Play UK||580+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £10. 100% bonus match on 1st deposit. Max £100 bonus & 100 bonus spins on Starburst. 40x wagering (dep+bonus). 40x on spins. 4x conversion. Bonus valid on selected slots. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
18+. New players only. Min dep: £20. 40 FS on first deposit. 160 FS after first deposit (20 per day). Max win: £100. 20x wagering applies. Deposit bonus 40x wagering. Bonus valid 30 days. Eligibility, game, platform, payment restrictions & full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|9||Read Review||Slots Devil||483+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £10. 100% up to £10 + 10 spins on Starburst. Free spins winnings must be wagered 40x. Bonus valid for 7 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
According to research conducted by the UK Gambling Commission that assesses online gambling behaviour in 2020, mobile devices are the go-to means of accessing casino content for young players in particular, with laptops, PCs and tablets reporting a recent decline in the same year.
This trend is showing us that mobile gambling is on the rise, both in the UK and globally. That is why gamblers are always on the lookout for the best solutions to fund their accounts and withdraw using a mobile device.
Boku is one such alternative, a leader on the global mobile payments market – its partners include the likes of Google, Facebook and Spotify, as well as the largest online casinos, sports-betting and poker operators.
An Overview of the Boku Payment Method
|Number of Casinos||21|
|Deposit Alternatives||Zimpler, Siru Mobile, Payforit|
|Payment Method||Phone Billing|
Boku is the biggest mobile payments network in the world. The company was founded in 2009 by Mark Britto, Erich Ringewald and Ron Hinson with the purpose of helping people purchase digital content with their mobile devices. Presently, Boku offers 300+ mobile payment methods, is available in 75 countries and has acquired over 51 million customers in the past 24 months alone.
The company owns the M1ST Payments Network, which offers a standardized mobile-first payment system, similar to the simplicity and convenience of credit cards. This global network includes other well-known mobile payment systems such as Alipay, WeChat Pay, GoPay, Mercado Pago or PayTm.
Boku at Online Casinos
Boku has over 10 years of experience in the mobile payments industry and works with the most trusted global merchants. The company manages to standardize all mobile payment types to ensure global compliance and fast payment settlements.
For these reasons, finding a trustworthy Boku casino is easy, as the biggest players in the iGaming industry trust the company and implement its systems for mobile payments, from social gaming sites to poker rooms.
Boku allows its users to fund gambling accounts using only a mobile phone number. The amount gets added to the next phone bill and deposits are secure and instant.
How To Choose a Boku Casino
If you’re looking for a Boku casino UK, there is a list of factors to consider before registering to ensure your data is protected and you have a seamless gaming experience, with additional perks such as bonuses and promotions.
Without further ado, here’s what you need to keep in mind when choosing the best Boku casinos in 2021:
#1 Licensing & Security
Top Boku casino sites offer their users state-of-the art security, whether that’s through SSL certificates installed on their platforms, firewalls, customer authentication tools and other safety protocols when confirming payments (SMS codes, 3DS).
Moreover, they are licensed by the most renowned regulatory authorities such as Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission or Alderney Gambling Control Commission. It’s important to only play at Boku sites licensed by these authorities because they uphold the highest security standards – to verify this information, head over to the platform’s footer section, where you can find the issuer and the license number.
If you’re a UK player, your best bet is to look for sites that accept Boku for payments, which are licensed by the country’s regulator, UK Gambling Commission. Some examples of top Boku casinos UK are Captain Spins, Jonny Jackpot or Playzee, but you can always find more quality picks in our table above.
#2 Bonuses Offered
If you’re looking for Boku betting sites or Boku slots sites, another aspect to consider is their bonus system and how accessible it is to various player categories. You want to choose online gambling sites that don’t exclude Boku payments from various promotions, such as first deposit bonuses or free spins at registration.
Many operators tend to exclude deposits made via pay by Boku and popular e-wallets such as Skrill and Neteller from welcome packages, loyalty points or VIP offers, which is why you should make sure your Boku Casino of choice is friendly and inclusive to mobile players, both new and existing.
#3 Game Diversity
Another aspect to consider if Boku gambling is what you’re after is the diversity of the games offer. You should aim to only play on Boku casinos that offer hundreds, if not thousands of the most popular game types – online slots, table games, baccarat, video poker and live dealer options such as roulette or blackjack. All of the above should be available for free and for real money play on all devices.
Moreover, since you’re going to use Boku payment, your casino of choice should also offer a great selection of mobile slots and other games that play well on a smaller screen, so you can gamble, deposit and withdraw without having to switch between different devices. Some examples of great mobile slots are Berryburst, Dead or Alive, Mega Fortune, Starburst and Book of Ra Deluxe.
#4 Mobile Optimization
Lastly, when scouring the internet to see who accepts Boku payments, you should only register on a Boku casino UK that is fully optimized for mobile devices, from the layout of the platform to the games offered. It’s not enough for your casino of choice to accept Boku as payment method, if the rest of the platform is not mobile-friendly, as that will significantly impact your gambling experience in a negative manner.
How To Deposit With Boku
Boku is one of the most simple and straightforward methods you can use to deposit with a smart-phone, as you don’t need to make an account on any third-party payment websites or remember any additional login data. You don’t even need to leave the cashier section of your favourite Boku mobile casino, all you need is a mobile phone number with credit. You can also opt to pay by phone bill. Here’s how it works in practice and all the steps you need to follow to deposit by Boku:
- If you intend to gamble with deposits made by Boku, you must first find a site that accepts it as an eligible payment method. Check our suggestion list above to find a pay by Boku casino UK that suits you.
- Once you have chosen an online operator to play on, you should then select phone bill as your payment method. Once you have done this, choose how much you wish to deposit (it will usually give you a choice of round deposit figures, such as £5 or £10). Once you have chosen your stakes, hit confirm and wait for your confirmation text.
- Boku should send a text to your mobile number once you have confirmed payment to your chosen online Boku casino UK. Follow the instructions provided in this text message to authorise the payment. It ensures that you are indeed making a payment to a legitimate site rather than one which aims to take your deposit or more from you in a malicious manner.
- You should now have your deposit in your account on the Boku mobile casino, to be used on your choice of slot or game. Remember that Boku limits deposits to £30 per day, so depending on your deposit amounts you will only be able to use the service a few times per day.
Boku Deposit Limits & Fees
Before you choose a pay by Boku casino, you should also be aware of the limits imposed and any extra charges that may occur. What is important to remember is that deposit limits can be applied by both the casino and Boku itself. Most casinos in the UK set their minimum deposit limits to a small sum such as £10.
Boku restricts daily deposits to a maximum of £30. Moreover, single transactions via Boku are also restricted to a maximum of £10. Whilst this amount might seem small for a high roller, it can also be a great tool to avoid overspending and manage your budget more wisely.
And, if we go by what statistics have shown about the weekly spending of UK gamblers on casino games, we can clearly see that this Boku deposit limit is in line with the habits of the general population. In fact, according to a 2020 research by Statista, UK gamblers spend between £2.1-£2.9 at online casinos weekly.
Lastly, using Boku incurs no fees. The service doesn’t charge users anything extra on top of their deposit. However, some casinos can charge you processing fees for the transaction, so it’s best to check terms & conditions in advance.
Can I Withdraw with Boku?
Unfortunately, since Boku is a pay-by-phone service, naturally, it can’t offer the possibility to withdraw your funds as well, as opposed to a bank account or an e-wallet.
Because of that, players are obliged to look for alternatives to cash-out, such as a wire transfer, which can be slightly inconvenient and incur more processing time. It can also prove to be a disadvantage for players who prefer to deposit and withdraw via the same method.
Recommended Boku Gambling Sites
- UKGC licensed – when we recommend top Boku casinos to our readers, we make sure to include UK-friendly gambling sites that are licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. The regulator is one of the strictest in the world and it has some of the best player protection initiatives, meaning that only high quality operators can acquire a license and maintain it. Moreover, if you choose UKGC-licensed Boku casinos, you know the operator will offer fair bonus terms, from eligibility criteria to wagering requirements
- New Casinos – as we mentioned previously, the number of Boku casinos is growing exponentially, which means there is a very high chance that new casinos will also integrate it for payments. Some examples of such operators that also accept UK players are Kerching and Casino Cruise. Another argument to choosing new casinos integrated with Boku is that they often have very competitive promotions, from first deposit bonuses to free spins at registration. Since they are just launching on the market, many are looking to make a splash and acquire new customers.
- Slot Sites – because Boku is accepted as payment method at many reputable slot sites, there is no shortage of Boku slots on the market that you can try, from classic ones with fruits and sevens to ultra-modern titles like Dynamite Riches Megaways™ or Cash Bonanza. That means you can not only pay from your phone, but also access brand new game features from the same device (progressive jackpots, expanding wilds, free spins with unlimited multiplier etc.).
Games Found at Boku Casinos
Boku casinos offer an extensive game library that you can check, both in demo version or for real money, from online slots to live dealer roulette. Our list only includes top Boku casinos that offer our readers the biggest diversity, both in terms of theme and number of titles offered. Many of them have additional safety certificates that guarantee fair games and RTP scores from independent organizations such as eCOGRA, iTech Labs or GLI.
Boku casinos also offer games from respected providers such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Betsoft, Yggdrasil or Play’N GO. You can find hundreds of popular jackpot slots like Age of The Gods or Mega Moolah, famous live dealer games from Evolution such as Auto Roulette, Dream Catcher or Monopoly Live, as well as the best blackjack variants (European, Classic, Face Up 21 etc.).
Bonuses Offered at Boku Gambling Sites
The key takeaway to remember is that Boku gambling sites aren’t that different when it comes to bonuses, offers, promotions and campaigns from a regular online casino. That means players have access to the same bonus types – free spins, VIP privileges, loyalty points, match deposit bonuses, reload bonuses or promo code bonuses.
However, since these types of casinos primarily address mobile players, they may have more bonuses geared at mobile users, such as in-app promotions (if the casino has a native gambling app for Android and/or iOS), free spins for popular mobile slots like Starburst or Book of Dead etc.
Our advice is to always check which deposit methods are eligible for each bonus type at Boku casinos so you don’t miss out on a good offer if you pay by mobile.
Pros & Cons of Boku Gambling
If you’re still unsure whether to register on sites that use Boku or look for alternatives, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading as we break down the advantages and drawbacks of using Boku for gambling purposes in easy terms:
- Apple Pay – the contactless payment technology for Apple devices is one of the most popular pay-by-phone alternatives for casino deposits, as each transaction is instant and secured with Face ID, Touch ID or pass codes.
- Google Pay – a mix of mobile payments and card payments, Google Pay enables you to fill in your card data and make deposits with your smart-phone. Data is encrypted by Google’s safe servers and the player’s card details don’t remain stored on the phone or shared directly with the casino.
- PayForIt – another popular pay-by-phone solution in the UK, PayForIt enables you to deposit seamlessly using mobile data or wifi.
- Siru – Siru Mobile helps you deposit in as little as 30 seconds, you don’t need a bank card or a Siru account, only your phone number and a confirmation code.
- Zimpler – Zimpler is a great secure intermediary that allows you to pay at online casinos from your mobile device using your online banking details – the system is truly global, compatible with all major banks on the market.
📌 How much can I deposit with Boku at online casinos?
- Boku has fixed deposit limits you need to be aware of – you can deposit up to £10 in a single transaction and up to £30 daily. This amount can be charged to your phone bill or taken out of prepaid credit.
📌 Is Boku free to use?
- Boku doesn’t incur any fees to process your deposit. However, some casinos may charge you extra for processing your transaction. This information will be displayed transparently in the cashier section or the terms & conditions.
📌 What games can you play with Boku?
- In terms of available games, a Boku casino is not that different from a regular online casino, as it gives you access to the same types of games, such as online slots, roulette, live dealer games or card games (baccarat, blackjack, punto banco, video poker). What can differ is that some Boku casinos may have a have a larger selection of mobile slots such as Cleopatra or Lucky Lady’s Charm Deluxe, since these operators aim to cater to mobile-first users.
📌 Can I cash-out with Boku?
- Unfortunately, no. Since it’s a pay-by-phone service, Boku can only be used for deposits. To cash-out, you’ll need to look for other alternatives such as e-wallets (Skrill, Neteller, PayPal, ecoPayz), wire transfer or debit card.
📌 Is Boku safe?
- Yes. Boku is the largest mobile payments network in the world. It processes a staggering volume of over $9 billion in payments annually and it also works with the biggest digital commerce brands such as Microsoft, Netflix or Tencent.
📌 Is Boku easy to use?
- Yes. You only need to input your phone number, the amount you want to deposit and the confirmation code to authorize the transaction. Because it’s so fast, secure and easy to use by mobile gamblers, the number of Boku casinos is growing exponentially every year.
📌 Which casinos accept Boku deposits?
- If you’re looking for a Boku casino UK, unfortunately, the number of operators that accept Boku for deposits is slightly smaller compared to those that accept Apple Pay, Siru or Google Pay. However, the number of Boku casinos is growing and the best UK operators have joined the ranks already, such as Monster Casino, PlayUK, Casino.com or Captain Spins.