Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) is the official government gambling licensing body in the country of Malta, established in 2001. Just like all other gambling authorities around the world, MGA is responsible for listing prohibited gambling sites and online casinos licensed by Malta Gaming Authority, providing customer support to players and setting responsible gaming limits.
This is the official mission of the Malta Gaming Authority: “To regulate competently the various sectors of the gaming industry that fall under the Authority by ensuring gaming is fair and transparent to the players, preventing crime, corruption and money laundering and by protecting minor and vulnerable players.” – MGA.
According to MGA’s CEO Heathcliff Farrugia, Malta Gaming Authority is among the most popular gaming regulators for online gambling in Europe. It was also one of the pioneers in the field of online gaming since it was the first regulator that started issuing licences for online casinos. It has still remained the absolute leader in this regard, as casinos licensed by MGA are still widely popular.
Given that Malta is a member country of the European Union, obtaining a licence from this authority means that a casino can legally provide services to all players within the EU.
In this overview, you will find answers to some of the common questions regarding MGA and its casinos, including:
- an MGA casino list;
- bonuses and special offers;
- security and safety of MGA casinos;
- instructions on how to make a complaint.
Top-Rated MGA Licensed Casinos
Users are not charged by CasinoHEX. Commissions that we receive for marketing brands do not affect the gaming experience of a User.
|£200 + 150 BS||Read Review||GoPro Casino||500+|
|£300 +100 BS||Read Review||Playzee||1294+|
18+. New players only. Min dep £20. Max bet is £5. 100% up to £300 and 100 Zee spins on Starburst on your first deposit and 500 loyalty (Zee) points. 10 Zee spins are available on selected games for 10 days only and must be activated each day within 24 hours. 35x wagering of the total bonus, cash and bonus spins. Bonus valid 30 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|100% up to £100 + 20 FS||Read Review||Mango Casino||1200+|
18+. New players only. 100% up to £100 and 20 free spins on Book of Dead. 50x wagering requirements. Max conversion: 3x the bonus amount or from free spins: £20. Skrill deposits excluded. Bonus valid 30 days. Free spins valid 7 days from receipt. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|100% up to £100 + 200 FS||Read Review||Casino Planet||1700+|
18+ New players Only. £10 min deposit. £5 max bet using bonus. 40x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 20 spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 20 per day for 9 days on pre-selected games. Free spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max free spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|100% up to £100 + 50 FS||Read Review||Vegas Hero||1300+|
18+. New players only. Min dep: £10. 40x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. Minimum £5 wager required to activate 50 Free Spins. Free Spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|100% up to £300+30 BS||Read Review||PlayGrand||480+|
18+. New players only. Min deposit £10. Max bet £5. 100% up to £300 + 30 bonus spins on Reactoonz. Bonus funds + spin winnings are separate to cash funds and subject to 35x wagering requirement. Only bonus funds count towards wagering contribution. Valid 30 days, spins within 10 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|100% up to £100 + 300 FS||Read Review||Kassu||1232+|
18+. New players only. Min. deposit £10. Max bet £5 max. 100% up to £100 and 300 free spins. 40x wagering applies. Bonus valid for 14 days. 30 Spins will be credited instantly upon qualifying deposit + then 30 per day for 9 days on pre-selected games. Free spins valid for 72 hours from credit. Max free spins winnings £100. Ewallets excluded. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|50 FS+30 Extra FS||Read Review||PlayOJO||2000+|
18+. New players only. Min dep £10. 50 free spins on Book of Dead. After your first deposit you may claim your 30 extra free spins by visiting the Kicker Section. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. This offer is only available for specific players that have been selected by PlayOJO. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|100% up to £200 + 50 BS||Read Review||Casimba||596+|
18+. New players only. Min dep £20. Max bet £5. 100% match up to £200 plus 50 bonus spins on your 1st deposit, 50% match up to £50 on your 2nd deposit. 35x wagering requirements. Bonus spins valid 72 hours. Bonus funds valid 30 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
|100% Up to £100 + 100 BS||Read Review||SlotNite||1370+|
18+. New players only. Min dep £10. Max bonus bet £5. 100% match bonus up to £100 and 100 bonus spins on Aloha! Cluster Pays. 35x wagering requirements. Bonus valid 30 days. Bonus spins walid 10 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
MGA Casino Sites for UK Players
British players can still play in MGA licensed online casinos and they’re definitely among the favorites of UK players. In cooperation with the UK Gambling Commission, MGA works to provide a safe and fair gambling environment for British players. Here are some of our top recommendations:
- Casumo is a new Curacao online casino that started operating in 2012 with headquarters in Malta. It offers a 100% welcome bonus for new players with deposits up to GBP 300. It’s extremely highly rated in gambler forums and websites due to its wide selection of games, extra fast withdrawal time (up to 24 hours) and unlimited withdrawals.
- Jonny Jackpot is among new online Malta casinos that’s quickly gaining in popularity and the number of players. It cooperates with more than 20 casino games providers in order to offer thousands of different games to players. When you sign up for the first time, you are eligible to redeem a 100% for deposits up to GBP 1000.
- According to reviews and experiences, Leo Vegas is definitely among the top gambling sites for UK players this year. It provides a whopping welcome bonus for up to 1600 GBP along with 150 bonus spins on your favorite slot games. This casino site is a sponsor of Leicester Tigers, so if you’re a fan, this is your new favorite casino!
- When you first deposit at PlayOJO, you will get 50 bonus spins without any wagering requirements, which many players consider the best casino bonus. Usually, welcome bonus offers come with high wagering requirements which are pretty hard to achieve, so this bonus will give you a boost that will go directly into your casino account! PlayOJO also has one of the fastest payout times in the industry.
- Among brand new casino operators of 2019, PlayZee has definitely stood out as one of the most prominent. For new players who make their first deposit, a 100% deposit match bonus is ready along with 150 bonus spins. With a variety of games from different developers such as NetEnt, Microgaming or Playtech, you are guaranteed an awesome time for hours on end.
Malta Gaming Authority FAQ
Are MGA licensed operators safe?
- When applying for an MGA licence, all online casinos have to go through an auditing process that proves that the online platform is secure and fair. If a casino has an it, that means that it handles player’s data and financial info safely and all details are protected.
Is it a trusted authority?
- Malta is one of the most prominent gaming authorities in the world. Given that it powers most European casinos, it’s one of the most popular gaming authorities in Europe. Most of the best online casino sites in the world have this licence.
Where can I check the licence of the casino?
- You can usually find information about a casino’s licence in the ‘About us’ section, where the operator lists all that it holds. You can also usually find the information in the footer of the casino website, showing logos of relevant gaming authorities.
What is the best MGA casino?
- There are many new MGA casinos that have proven to have high payouts, fast withdrawal times and many other perks. According to player’s reviews, some of the best MGA online casinos are Casumo, Jonny Jackpot, Leo Vegas, PlayZee and PlayOJO.
Is it legal to gamble there?
- For players whose countries fall under Malta’s jurisdiction, it’s legal to play in MGA casinos. British players can play in MGA casinos, too, but the licence has to be coupled with the UKGC one. If not, you won’t be able to submit a complaint if something is wrong with the casino operator.
Where can I submit a complaint?
- If you want to file a complaint about a Malta Gaming Authority licensed casino, you can do it by filling in a form on their website under the Online Gaming Support section.