Germany online casinos are all iGaming destinations that welcome German gamblers. These online casinos work hard to meet the high demand for reliable and trusted German-friendly operators. Most of top online casino sites that welcome consumers from Germany pride themselves with juicy bonuses, hundreds of games and world-class support. In return, they gain the players’ loyalty and appreciation.
It is interesting to note that even though immensely popular, iGaming is still a grey area in Germany. With opposing German and EU regulations as well as different stances among the states, players still need clarification about what’s legal. Additionally, finding the best online casino Germany operators is always the hardest in the absence of a renowned iGaming authority.
Since many of our loyal readers are Germans, we had to cover the topic of online gambling in Germany. In this definitive guide on iGaming in this EU country, we will cover all the necessary information players must know.
Here are the details we tested and shared in this guide:
- a list and short overviews of the top online casinos in Germany;
- a summary of the best casino deposit methods available to German players;
- short summaries of the leading and most popular casino game developers that serve players from the EU country;
- an introduction as well as interesting facts regarding the country’s online gambling laws;
- answers to the most frequently asked questions when it comes to iGaming in Germany.
15+ Best Online Casinos in Germany — 2023
Users are not charged by CasinoHEX. Commissions that we receive for marketing brands do not affect the gaming experience of a User.
||100% Up to £20 + 100 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Rise Casino||320+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £20. 20 Free Spins will be credited per day, across 5 days. Promo code: GET100. Bonus winnings must be wagered 60x before withdrawal. FS are valid for 7 days and any winnings must be wagered 99x before withdrawal. Games Bonus win cap: £100 + original bonus amount. Wagering contribution varies by game. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% Up to £250 + 100 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||SpinYoo||2580+||
18+. New players only. Min. deposit £20. Max. bonus bet £5. Offer: 100% of first deposit up to £250 on Slots + 100 Yoo Spins on Starburst, Book of dead, Fire Jocker, Gonzo’s Quest and Big Bass Bananza. Winnings of each 20 spins capped at £50 & credited as bonus. Bonus funds expire after 30 days, are separate to Cash funds & subject to 35x wagering of bonus + deposit amount. Only bonus funds contribute to wagering requirements. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||23 FS + 100% up to £111 +77 ES||Visit Casino Read Review||Yeti Casino||800+||
#AD 18+. New players only. Min dep: £10. Wagering 60x for refund bonus. Max bet £5 with bonus funds. Free Spins bonus has x40 wagering. 23 free spins on registration (max withdrawal is £100). 100% refund bonus up to £111 + 77 spins on 1st deposit. No max cash out on deposit offers. Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse. Ecopayz, Skrill and Neteller deposits excluded. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||100% Up to £100 + 100 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Winomania||620+||
||100% up to £100 + 20 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||TheOnlineCasino||600+||
18+. New players only. 100% up to £100 and 20 free spins on Book of dead. 50x wagering the bonus or free spins winnings. Skrill deposits excluded. Max conversion: 3x the bonus amount or from free spins: $/£/€ 20. Bonus valid for 30 days. Free spins valid for 7 days from issue. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||Up to £700||Visit Casino Read Review||Ted Bingo||195+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £10 for 1 spin on Ted's Wheel. Up to £700. Valid on selected games only. Wheel prizes and odds vary & include free spins and Bingo bonuses. FS wins granted in games bonus over 2 days & valid for 3 days. Wagering requirements: 4x (bingo bonus funds) & 85x (game bonus funds). Game bonus wins cap: £100 + initial bonus amount. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||Up to £200 + 200 Extra Spins on 9 Pots of Gold||Visit Casino Read Review||Rainbow Spins||400+||
18+. New players only. £10 min fund, offer credited over first 4 deposits: 1st deposit: 100% bonus (max £200) + win 50+ free spins on 9 Pots of Gold. Use code TWO on 2nd deposit, THREE on 3rd deposit and FOUR on 4th deposit to win 50+ spins on 9 Pots of Gold. Wins credited as bonus, 65x wagering requirements, max bonus conversion equal to lifetime deposits (up to £250) to real funds. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||Deposit £20, Play with £50||Visit Casino Read Review||Grosvenor Casinos||500+||
18+. New customers only. Min deposit £20. Max bonus £30, bonus amount non-withdrawable, playable on selected games only. 5x wagering for £30 bonus. Expires within 30 days. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
||50% up to £100 + 50 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||10bet||1582+||
18+. New players only. Enter WELCOME10 bonus code upon deposit (no Skrill/Neteller). Wager bonus 40x within 15 days. Max winnings = £500. Free spins validity: 15 days. Free spins max. winnings = £100. Stake contribution per eligible games. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
Rialto (former Aspers)
||Up to £100 + 100 FS||Visit Casino Read Review||Rialto (former Aspers)||803+||
18+. New players only. Min dep £20. Up to £100 + 100 free spis. 50x wagering requiremnts. Winnings capped at 5x bonus amount. Free spins: 10 batches of 10 fs daily. Winnings capped at £10 per batch. Full T&Cs apply. Gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware.org.
Top Online Casinos in Germany [Updated 2023]
Even though the situation with online gambling may seem desperate to German consumers at first, there’s no need to worry. In fact, the list of best online casino Germany websites includes some quite popular brands. Moreover, all these casino sites take their players very seriously. Consequently, they provide them with top service, lots of games and excellent welcome offers.
- Jonny Jackpot is surely among the best online casinos in Germany. This casino website is offered in German and welcomes new players with a 100% up to €1,000 bonus. Additionally, new users get 100 free spins and access to amazing casino games powered by several providers.
- Dunder Casino is a leading mobile casino Germany operator thanks to its impeccable platform. Available in German, it’s a top spot for players who want to play in their mother tongue. Dunder has a welcome bonus of €250 and 120 free spins as well as over 1,600 games.
- Hyper Casino is another online casino Germany operator whose website is available in German. Hyper boosts players’ adrenaline levels with a juicy welcome offer of €300 as well as over 700 top-class games. Also, many of the picks feature progressive jackpots with multimillion main prizes.
- Genesis Casino greets newbies with €1,000 and 300 free spins. This makes the operator one of the most generous German casinos online. In addition, Genesis Casino has a spotless reputation and features almost 1,000 picks by many different providers. Users can access it via both desktop and mobile devices too.
- Leo Vegas Casino is a leading iGaming operator, which has been successfully working ever since 2011. This operator, besides the online casino platform, also features mobile and live casino Germany platforms too. Leo Vegas surely won’t disappoint new members with its welcome bonus of €2,500 and 1,100+ games.
Popular Casino Payments in Germany
If you’re based in Germany and want to gamble for real cash, you’ll have to make a deposit. This is why knowing your options in terms of German casino payments is extremely important. Luckily for players, most popular and secure deposit methods work for them.
|PayPal||Many operators that welcome German players are also casinos that accept PayPal. As you surely know, PayPal is the best-established e-wallet in the world. It has reasonable transaction fees and provides instant payments. Also, it supports transfers in various currencies, the Euro included.|
|Giropay||Of course, German players would prefer using a local casino deposit method. That’s when Giropay enters the picture. This Frankfurt-based online payment service is popular among consumers and hence there are many Giropay online casino operators. Giropay allows users to instantly transfer cash from bank accounts to casino accounts.|
|Klarna||Sofort AG used to be a huge player on the German online banking market. In 2013, this company merged with the Swedish giant Klarna and these two became a superpower. Consequently, gamblers from Deutschland can make Klarna casino online payments at several well-established iGaming destinations.|
|Trustly||Trustly is a popular online payment service in EU countries. This company has been on the rise, just like the number of Trustly casino sites. Many of these operators welcome German gamblers, who seem to appreciate the safe, fast and free Trustly casino deposits.|
|Paysafe||A Paysafe card is a prepaid voucher owned by the Paysafe Group. Paysafe card online casinos have a great reputation among German players and support instant payments. Additionally, gamblers usually don’t have to cover any additional fees on Paysafe deposits. This is yet another reason why players regularly use it.|
Popular Software Providers in Germany
Due to national regulations, not all software providers can supply games to all iGaming operators. However, players from Germany are very lucky in this regard. Namely, the list of German online casino software developers includes world-class names such as Novomatic and Netent.
- Based in Germany, Merkur is a favourite among players from the country. Players at Merkur online casino operators can play lots of amazing picks, most of which are slots. Popular titles by the provider include Odin, Eye of Horus and Gold of Persia. Merkur games support mobile play too.
- Novomatic is among the best-established casino game suppliers in the world, both land-based and online. Any Novomatic casino boasts with a safe and fair gambling platform. More importantly, such operators also have numerous top-notch games that work perfectly on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Bally Wulff
- Based in Berlin, Bally Wulff is a serious Merkur competitor when it comes to leading German game developers. Bally Wulff casino sites usually feature games by multiple providers and support mobile gambling. Crystal Ball and La Dolce Vita are two top picks by the company that players should try.
- Microgaming is surely among the top three casino software providers in the industry. Any brand on our Microgaming casino list guarantees safety, fairness and smooth gaming. Additionally, this developer has an incredibly rich selection of games, including slots, table games, and live dealer tables.
- The Scandinavian market-leader Netent serves German players. That’s great news for consumers as they get access to some of the best games in the industry. Our Netent casinos feature world-class video slots, massive progressive jackpots, and an excellent live dealer platform. All of this comes with guaranteed safety too.
German Online Gambling Laws & Facts
When it comes to gambling laws in Germany, the country still hasn’t figured everything out yet. There are lots of grey areas, plus some regulations applicable to EU online casinos apply to German casinos too. Therefore, until the situation changes, players do have both national and foreign iGaming options.
- It wasn’t regulated by 2008. Online gambling in Germany wasn’t regulated until 2008. That was the year when the government passed the Interstate Gambling Treaty, which banned all iGaming activities. Since this Treaty was against the EU regulations, it had to be revised to allow certain forms of gambling.
- The gambling advertisement is banned on TV and radio. Germany online casino operators mustn’t advertise on TV and radio. That’s right, gambling advertising is banned in the country. More precisely, the organisation or advertising of games of chance is prohibited. Hence, the German Criminal Code includes hefty penalties for those who break the rules.
- Schleswig-Holstein issues own licences for online casino operators. The Schleswig-Holstein state decided to stay out of the Interstate Gambling Treaty. Instead, it became the only state that issues online casino Germany licenses to independent operators. Even though the state later joined the treaty, it allowed operators to keep and extend the licences.
- It’s a grey market: German laws interfere with EU laws. It’s still unclear whether the online casinos in Germany are legal or not. The iGaming market in the country is in a grey area because the national laws interfere with the EU regulations. Therefore, operators based outside the country, like MGA online casinos, do welcome German consumers.
Germany Casino Online FAQ
Is online gambling legal in Germany?
- Just like in many other EU countries, the situation with the legality of iGaming in Germany is a bit unclear. According to EU regulations, operators can serve German players if they have a license to do so. So far, only the Schleswig-Holstein state has issued online gambling licences.
Who regulates German online casinos?
- There is no special body that regulates iGaming in Germany. This sector, for the time being, is under the responsibility of the Ministry of the Interior. Alternatively, casinos that accept German players often hold the MGA iGaming license. This is the official online gambling authority of Malta.
What is the best online casino in Germany?
- Players from Germany can play real money casino games at several top spots. Our recommended iGaming operators include Dunder Casino and Jonny Jackpot. Also, fans of gambling on the move should consider signing up with Leo Vegas Casino. This operator has won many awards for its mobile gambling platform.
What is an online gambling age in Germany?
- Players from Germany must be at least 18 years old in order to be able to legally gamble. This age applies to both land-based and online gambling. Not all operators perform checks for underage gambling. However, the reliable online casinos we recommend always work towards preventing underage online gaming.
Do I have to pay taxes?
- Another benefit for German players is the fact that they don’t pay taxes on gambling winnings. Instead, the operators must pay massive fees on their revenues. So, if you’re based in Germany and hit a nice jackpot, you won’t have to share anything with the government.